"A Fun Day Relaxing at Princess Cays" Top 5 Page for this destination Eleuthera Island by cjg1

Eleuthera Island Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 118 photos

Princess Cruise Lines Private Island

Princess Cays is the private area of the Eleuthera Island used by Princess Cruise Lines and other cruise lines. This island is located in the Bahamas and just 30 miles from Nassau. The coral reefs surrounding the island prevent cruise ships from docking directly at the island and require tender boats to be used.

The beaches are quite nice with soft sand and clear waters. There are plenty of lounge chairs lining the beach for guests to use as well as a variety of activities such as: kayaking, banana boating, paddle boating, skiing, snorkeling, parasailing, sailboating, waverunning, volleyball and basketball. You can spend the day relaxing on a beach chair with a drink or being active; either way it's all up to you.

Princess Cays has a buffet BBQ Pavilion that serves an assortment of BBQ items as well as desserts and fresh fruit. The Banan Beach Bar is a great place to pull up a stool and enjoy a delicious cocktail or have a waiter serve you a drink in your lounge chair.

The day we spent on Princess Cay was nice and warm with a hint of a breeze. The sky was a bit overcast and the sun would peek out of the clouds at intervals. I was fine with the clouds since I am not one for loving direct sun.

We arrived on the island a little after 9am via a tender and walked along the beach until Liz found her "perfect" spot. We were half way down the beach and close to one of the bars. We pulled up two lounge chairs, laid out our towels and relaxed. Liz took some time to swim and frolic in the water with some new friends as I vegged on the beach. A few Frozen Margaritas on the beach were a nice refreshing treat in the heat.

Around noon we headed to the BBQ and had some lunch. I had a burger, some cookies and fresh fruit. Liz grabbed a hot dog and fruit for her meal. It wasn't bad for mass produced BBQ food and the fruit was very good.

After some more beach time we decided to head back to the ship to enjoy the pool deck and get me out of the sun. It was a fun time on Princess Cays and I look forward to our return.

This was the first cruise Liz and I have taken since she learned to swim. It was so much fun to watch her enjoying swimming and floating in the water. It also allowed me the time to relax and not stress that she would drown (in the past I would often watch her like a hawk for fear she might get pulled under and not be able to swim). I was glad she was not comfortable in the water and able to swim about without worry. The lessons were a great investment.

• In a nutshell:A Relaxing and Fun Day on the Beach with my Baby Girl
  • Last visit to Eleuthera Island: Oct 2009
  • Intro Updated Aug 3, 2010

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Badges & Stats in Eleuthera Island

Have you been to Eleuthera Island?