"A Fun Day Relaxing at Princess Cays" Top 5 Page for this destination Eleuthera Island by cjg1
Eleuthera Island Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 118 photos
Princess Cays is the private area of the Eleuthera Island used by Princess Cruise Lines and other cruise lines. This island is located in the Bahamas and just 30 miles from Nassau. The coral reefs surrounding the island prevent cruise ships from docking directly at the island and require tender boats to be used.
The beaches are quite nice with soft sand and clear waters. There are plenty of lounge chairs lining the beach for guests to use as well as a variety of activities such as: kayaking, banana boating, paddle boating, skiing, snorkeling, parasailing, sailboating, waverunning, volleyball and basketball. You can spend the day relaxing on a beach chair with a drink or being active; either way it's all up to you.
Princess Cays has a buffet BBQ Pavilion that serves an assortment of BBQ items as well as desserts and fresh fruit. The Banan Beach Bar is a great place to pull up a stool and enjoy a delicious cocktail or have a waiter serve you a drink in your lounge chair.
The day we spent on Princess Cay was nice and warm with a hint of a breeze. The sky was a bit overcast and the sun would peek out of the clouds at intervals. I was fine with the clouds since I am not one for loving direct sun.
We arrived on the island a little after 9am via a tender and walked along the beach until Liz found her "perfect" spot. We were half way down the beach and close to one of the bars. We pulled up two lounge chairs, laid out our towels and relaxed. Liz took some time to swim and frolic in the water with some new friends as I vegged on the beach. A few Frozen Margaritas on the beach were a nice refreshing treat in the heat.
Around noon we headed to the BBQ and had some lunch. I had a burger, some cookies and fresh fruit. Liz grabbed a hot dog and fruit for her meal. It wasn't bad for mass produced BBQ food and the fruit was very good.
After some more beach time we decided to head back to the ship to enjoy the pool deck and get me out of the sun. It was a fun time on Princess Cays and I look forward to our return.
This was the first cruise Liz and I have taken since she learned to swim. It was so much fun to watch her enjoying swimming and floating in the water. It also allowed me the time to relax and not stress that she would drown (in the past I would often watch her like a hawk for fear she might get pulled under and not be able to swim). I was glad she was not comfortable in the water and able to swim about without worry. The lessons were a great investment.
- In a nutshell:A Relaxing and Fun Day on the Beach with my Baby Girl
Liz and I hopped aboard the Emerald Princess for a Caribbean Cruise out of Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades). The Cruise... more travel advice
To go onshore I took a bag for my camera and sunglasses. Liz took a small bag for the sunscreen and... more travel advice
cjg1's Related Pages
Eleuthera Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Fun Day Relaxing at Princess Cays"
- "Princess Cay"
- "Island Relaxation"
- "Gregory Town"
- "Eleuthera Tips"
- "Princess Cays - First stop on my Caribbean Cruise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Eleuthera Island
- Hotels in Eleuthera Island
- Transportation in Eleuthera Island
- Nightlife in Eleuthera Island
- Restaurants in Eleuthera Island
- Shopping in Eleuthera Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Eleuthera Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Eleuthera Island
- 23 Reviews
- 85 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (74)
Have you been to Eleuthera Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eleuthera Island
Photos in Eleuthera IslandSee All Photos (85)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 350 reviews, 1414 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 180 reviews, 628 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 143 reviews, 502 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale Intro, 112 reviews, 474 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 99 reviews, 461 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 185 reviews, 364 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 86 reviews, 397 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 105 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 87 reviews, 355 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia Intro, 70 reviews, 339 photos, 3 travelogues