Nassau Restaurant Tips by cjg1 Top 5 Page for this destination
Nassau Restaurants: 80 reviews and 83 photos
Vidalia Onion Tart
In the evening we also ate in the dining room as it was formal night on board. I was shocked at how many people did in fact follow suggestion and dressed up. Even children were in their best dress.
We took our seats and were handed our menus. Liz and I both wanted appetizers. Liz had the Vidalia Onion Tart with Red Pepper coulis and I had the fruit salad. The fruit salad was good but I liked Liz's Onion Tart even better. For a main course Liz chose the Black Angus Steak with Heb Butter and I chose the Salmon. The steak was very good (as I grabed a bite) and my Salmon was very nice and served on a bed of lentils with frizzled onions. For dessert we both had the Strawbery Pavlova. Liz loved it and ate the whole thing. I found it too sweet for my taste.
Pulled Pork Sandwich
We actually ate twice in the dining room while we were in port in Nassau. This was our first experience with lunch in the dining room and all I can say is WOW! They all went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed it as if it were a special secret to eat lunch in the dining room. Our waiter we recognized as working the dinner shift at a group of tables near ours and the rest of the staff was just as great.
Favorite Dish: For lunch I had a pulled pork sandwich which I admit I was on a bit of a kick with during that month. This one was among the best I have had and really made me happy we had decided to come in for lunch. But as usual, the star of the meal was coming after the main course. The cheesecake with blueberries I had was simply amazing. I still pause and do the Homer drool "donuts" when I think of it. Liz had a salad that was quite nice and made her happy she wasn't eating a lot.
Address: 4th Deck, Soveriegn of the Seas
Entrance to Drunk Fest
We came in here mostly because everyone says you should. But our stay wasn't very long. It was far too loud and full of the rowdy drunks. To me, I found it better to go back to the boat where the food was free and the drinks could travel to our balcony.
So yes. Stop in if you feel you must experience it. Things are touristy for a reason after all. But I recommend giving this place a miss.
Directions: Next to the Straw Market
More Reviews (23)
- See All Celebrity Silhouette
- See All Wear Sun Block
- See All English is Spoken
- See All Nassau Night time Views
- See All Soda Card
cjg1's Related Pages
Nassau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nassau - Capital of the Bahamas"
- "Islands in the sea"
- "Happiness is Quite O-Cay"
- "My Wonderful trip to Nassau"
- "Pics from diving the reef"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nassau
- Hotels in Nassau
- Transportation in Nassau
- Nightlife in Nassau
- Restaurants in Nassau
- Shopping in Nassau
- Warnings and Dangers in Nassau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nassau
- 26 Reviews
- 81 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (75)
Have you been to Nassau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nassau
Photos in NassauSee All Photos (81)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 350 reviews, 1414 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 180 reviews, 628 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 143 reviews, 502 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale Intro, 110 reviews, 474 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 99 reviews, 461 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 185 reviews, 364 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 86 reviews, 397 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 105 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 87 reviews, 355 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia Intro, 70 reviews, 339 photos, 3 travelogues
- Straw Market- 12 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Atlantis at Paradise Island- 15 Reviews, 38 Photos
- Fort & Water Tower- 31 Reviews, 73 Photos
- Pirate Museum- 11 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Paradise Island- 14 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Blue Lagoon Island- 9 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Ardastra Gardens- 8 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Parliament Square- 7 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Queen's Staircase- 4 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Cable Beach- 3 Reviews, 11 Photos
See All Nassau Things to Do