Nassau Restaurant Tips by cjg1 Top 5 Page for this destination

Nassau Restaurants: 81 reviews and 88 photos

Vidalia Onion Tart - Nassau

Vidalia Onion Tart

Illusions: Wonderful Dinner

In the evening we also ate in the dining room as it was formal night on board. I was shocked at how many people did in fact follow suggestion and dressed up. Even children were in their best dress.

We took our seats and were handed our menus. Liz and I both wanted appetizers. Liz had the Vidalia Onion Tart with Red Pepper coulis and I had the fruit salad. The fruit salad was good but I liked Liz's Onion Tart even better. For a main course Liz chose the Black Angus Steak with Heb Butter and I chose the Salmon. The steak was very good (as I grabed a bite) and my Salmon was very nice and served on a bed of lentils with frizzled onions. For dessert we both had the Strawbery Pavlova. Liz loved it and ate the whole thing. I found it too sweet for my taste.

Rating: 5

Theme: Eclectic/International

• Updated Feb 3, 2009
Pulled Pork Sandwich - Nassau

Pulled Pork Sandwich

Illusions: Great Lunch

We actually ate twice in the dining room while we were in port in Nassau. This was our first experience with lunch in the dining room and all I can say is WOW! They all went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed it as if it were a special secret to eat lunch in the dining room. Our waiter we recognized as working the dinner shift at a group of tables near ours and the rest of the staff was just as great.

Favorite Dish: For lunch I had a pulled pork sandwich which I admit I was on a bit of a kick with during that month. This one was among the best I have had and really made me happy we had decided to come in for lunch. But as usual, the star of the meal was coming after the main course. The cheesecake with blueberries I had was simply amazing. I still pause and do the Homer drool "donuts" when I think of it. Liz had a salad that was quite nice and made her happy she wasn't eating a lot.

Address: 4th Deck, Soveriegn of the Seas

Rating: 5

Theme: Other

• Updated Feb 2, 2009
Entrance to Drunk Fest - Nassau

Entrance to Drunk Fest

Senor Frog's: Not worth the effort... Senor Frogs Review

We came in here mostly because everyone says you should. But our stay wasn't very long. It was far too loud and full of the rowdy drunks. To me, I found it better to go back to the boat where the food was free and the drinks could travel to our balcony.

So yes. Stop in if you feel you must experience it. Things are touristy for a reason after all. But I recommend giving this place a miss.

Directions: Next to the Straw Market

Rating: 1

Theme: Pub/Brewery

• Written Aug 22, 2008

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Badges & Stats in Nassau