"Nassau!" Top 5 Page for this destination Nassau by cjg1
Nassau Travel Guide: 657 reviews and 1,345 photos
Our first arrival into Nassau in 2008, was celebrated with a belly flop contest. Such small guys involved only one was over 200 and he easily won.
The town of Nassau is what I consider typical Caribbean in that it has a small town center and is a bit run down. Nothing wrong with that but we did hear comments from people around us about it.
We kept our visit to Nassau short because we spent most of the time over on Paradise Island at Atlantis and also because it was a record heat wave while we were there. Was interesting to speak to the locals and hear their take on it being so hot that they couldn’t remember it being like this before.
Upon arrival we made our way into the terminal building and found the water taxi tickets. Once a group was ready it was time to run through the market and to the boat. No pier here, just a boat pulled up to the ledge with a box on end to stand on to get aboard.
Once we got back to Nassau via land taxi we walked the length of Bay Street. Lots of shops here and yes believe it or not, some actually have prices you can afford. Although not many of them.
At the end of Bay Street if the market. Lots and lots of tourist junk that we all seem to buy once in a while but I must say I did not this time. We nearly ran through it as it was just so hot. A quick visit into Senor Frogs and back to the boat we went.
We did hear from many of the crew that getting outside of Nassau and seeing the rest of the island a lot of it is beautiful. I believe this based on previous experience. So if you get the chance to visit Nassau try to get out and about further afield.
- In a nutshell:Beauty in the Bahamas
Depending on the cruise ship and the duration of the cruise; there is a dress code for the Main dining room. On this... more travel advice
cjg1's Related Pages
Nassau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nassau - Capital of the Bahamas"
- "Islands in the sea"
- "Happiness is Quite O-Cay"
- "My Wonderful trip to Nassau"
- "Pics from diving the reef"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nassau
- Hotels in Nassau
- Transportation in Nassau
- Nightlife in Nassau
- Restaurants in Nassau
- Shopping in Nassau
- Warnings and Dangers in Nassau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nassau
- 26 Reviews
- 81 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (73)
Have you been to Nassau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nassau
Photos in NassauSee All Photos (81)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 350 reviews, 1414 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 180 reviews, 628 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 143 reviews, 502 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale Intro, 112 reviews, 474 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 99 reviews, 461 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 185 reviews, 364 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 86 reviews, 397 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 105 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 87 reviews, 355 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia Intro, 70 reviews, 339 photos, 3 travelogues