Buenos Aires Warnings Or Dangers Tips by cjg1 Top 5 Page for this destination
Buenos Aires Warnings and Dangers: 178 reviews and 90 photos
We found large groupings of homeless people throughout the city's parks. They seemed to have formed small communities. We even observed a homeless woman given a homeless man a haircut in the park. They semed harmless and didn';t approach us for money but be on your guard as in any big city.
Graffiti was something we saw alot of in Buenos Aires. Graffiti is not uncommon in big cities so it was no surprise to find it here. It's a shame that buildings, statues and minuments are defaced in such a way. During my last visit to Buenos Aires there were several demonstations with people marching along the streets and spray painting buildings and walls as they walked.
On my last visit to Buenos Aires we arrived during one of many protests that were occurring that week. Protestors stopped traffic and invaded the streets. Signs were carried and they shouted angry words. Loud explosions were head both close by and in the distance. The most disturbing part was that people were spray painting beautiful building with graffitti in protest.
I usually do well over looking these things when I travel but on this last trip to Buenos Aires when we had the best weather yet for Cow Do the pollution was much more noticeable than it has been in the past.
We have heard that the current mayor is doing great things to improve the city and clean up the various issues but I do know my trips will remain limited as long as the pollution is this bad.
I really didn't want to have to post this. But finally, on my fourth trip here, it caught up to me.
Do not use non radio cabs at night. You could find yourself in grave danger if you get into the wrong one.
This really kills me. Fountains with high voltage signs.
Dont go near water.
More Reviews (94)
- See All Tasty Empanadas
- See All Admiral's Club JFK
- See All Plazoleta Carlos Pellegrini
- See All Souvenirs
- See All Enjoy Hosting Your Own Party in Buenos...
- See All Ok Empenadas and Pizza
cjg1's Related Pages
Buenos Aires Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Buenos Aires, a city I really LOVE!"
- "Buenos Aires 2004"
- "Mi Buenos aires Querido..."
- "Buenos Aires the local way!"
- "My Home Away from Home"
- "BUENOS AIRES - I AM ALWAYS BACK!!!!!"
- "Buenos Aires - it's great!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Buenos Aires
- Hotels in Buenos Aires
- Transportation in Buenos Aires
- Nightlife in Buenos Aires
- Restaurants in Buenos Aires
- Shopping in Buenos Aires
- Warnings and Dangers in Buenos Aires
- See All...
Explore the World
- Buttevant Hotels
- Dubrovnik Hotels
- Hannibal Hotels
- Lorne Hotels
- Parish of Portland
- Kaunas Warnings and Dangers
- Salalah Warnings and Dangers
- Bahrain Warnings and Dangers
- Areas to Avoid
- Granada Warnings and Dangers
- Anaheim Warnings and Dangers
- Sicilia Warnings and Dangers
- Grand Canyon Warnings and Dangers
- South Lake Tahoe Warnings and Dangers
- Saint Augustine Warnings and Dangers
- Breda Warnings and Dangers
- Sequoia National Park Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Buenos Aires
- 100 Reviews
- 298 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (68)
Have you been to Buenos Aires?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Buenos Aires
- Commented on one of cjg1's Buenos Aires tips
- Posted in Travel Caribbean and Central America Forum "Re: Caribbean Cruises Questions"
- Wrote a Review Tasty Empanadas about Regarding Food in Buenos Aires Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Tasty Empanadas"
- updated a Buenos Aires Travel Page "My Home Away from Home"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 347 reviews, 1392 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 142 reviews, 486 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale Intro, 110 reviews, 474 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 99 reviews, 461 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 184 reviews, 356 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 86 reviews, 397 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 121 reviews, 359 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 98 reviews, 321 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia Intro, 70 reviews, 339 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buenos Aires Intro, 100 reviews, 298 photos, 6 travelogues
Latest Buenos Aires hotel reviews
- Bristol Hotel Buenos Aires
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Etoile Hotel
- 78 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 28, 2013
- Dazzler Libertad
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 2, 2013
- Loi Suites Recoleta
- 149 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 27, 2013
- BoBo Hotel
- 249 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Rooney's Boutique Hotel
- 277 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- Feirs Park
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 2, 2013
- Gran Hotel Argentino
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 9, 2012
- Tailor Made Hotel
- 123 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 16, 2013
- El Conquistador Hotel
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 12, 2013
- Panamericano Buenos Aires Hotel
- 98 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 16, 2013
- Hotel Babel
- 273 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 27, 2013
- Design Suites Buenos Aires
- 81 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Castelar Hotel And Spa
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 26, 2013
- NH Tango
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013
- La Boca- 122 Reviews, 221 Photos
- Recoleta- 157 Reviews, 230 Photos
- San Telmo- 136 Reviews, 201 Photos
- Plaza de Mayo- 136 Reviews, 202 Photos
- El Obelisco- 53 Reviews, 67 Photos
- Recoleta - Cementerio de la Recoleta- 44 Reviews, 132 Photos
- Florida Street- 44 Reviews, 60 Photos
- El Congreso- 36 Reviews, 74 Photos
- Tango- 49 Reviews, 64 Photos
- Puerto Madero and Catalina's- 67 Reviews, 117 Photos
See All Buenos Aires Things to Do