"My Home Away from Home" Top 5 Page for this destination Buenos Aires by cjg1
Buenos Aires Travel Guide: 4,806 reviews and 8,940 photos
My last visit to Buenos Aires was my longest trip. I also brought a group with me instead of my usual solo status to Cow Do IV. Liz, Rob, Mickey, Antoinette and Rich came along to enjoy a fun Argentinian Adventure. Traveling with a large bunch of people never mind hosting Cow Do, can be stressful. Fortunately the fun times outweighed the stress and we had a great time.
It was very important for me to show Liz Buenos Aires. It is a home away from home and I have made wonderful friends here. It is a place I have loved for many years and have had wonderful memories. It was a great trip and we had so much fun togetherand with the group. It was also special since this was Rob's first trip out of the U.S.
I have truly found my home. My spiritual home anyway. Where I live when I am dreaming of not being at home in New York. I come here at least every year but usually more than that. And although I come what feels like often I still have so much to see and do here. I have so far stayed in Recoleta each time, twice with apartment rentals and once at a hostel. Although some would argue that we missed out on meeting people and seeing and doing everything by staying in an apartment instead of a hostel or hotel I feel we were given the experience of living in the city. We spent most of our time in our neighborhood. Were able to become familiar with the different places and options that are there for everyone in the city on a daily basis. The café owners. The bartenders. Waiters and Waitresses. Neighbors. Everywhere we went in our neighborhood it felt like we were at home. I just love “living” here.
Two of my trips have been during Cow Do. The Flyertalk.com gathering each Labor Day weekend in the States. So these events have taken me around town as well as my times with Sof and Pilar.
Everyone we met was friendly and helpful whether they spoke English or not. Our Spanish is VERY bad. But we were able to get around and even have conversation with the cabbies after the week had come to a close. Although that was three on one. It was truly a pleasure to meet you all.
A special thank you to Pilar Sofia and Iwona for making those days especially fun. From the tours to the ideas to the running across town to make a meeting.
- In a nutshell:Eat My Lomo
Argentine empanadas can be baked or fried depending on the occasion or cook. It is more common in the city to have a... more travel advice
Argentinians eat late as is customary in many parts of the world. If you don't want to be the typical "tourist"; try... more travel advice
- See All Plazoleta Carlos Pellegrini
- See All Souvenirs
- See All Homeless in the Parks
- See All Enjoy Hosting Your Own Party in Buenos...
- See All Ok Empenadas and Pizza
cjg1's Related Pages
Buenos Aires Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Buenos Aires, a city I really LOVE!"
- "Buenos Aires 2004"
- "Mi Buenos aires Querido..."
- "Buenos Aires the local way!"
- "My Home Away from Home"
- "BUENOS AIRES - I AM ALWAYS BACK!!!!!"
- "Buenos Aires - it's great!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Buenos Aires
- Hotels in Buenos Aires
- Transportation in Buenos Aires
- Nightlife in Buenos Aires
- Restaurants in Buenos Aires
- Shopping in Buenos Aires
- Warnings and Dangers in Buenos Aires
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Buenos Aires
- 100 Reviews
- 298 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (74)
Have you been to Buenos Aires?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Buenos Aires
- Commented on one of cjg1's Buenos Aires tips
- Posted in Travel Caribbean and Central America Forum "Re: Caribbean Cruises Questions"
- Wrote a Review Tasty Empanadas about Regarding Food in Buenos Aires Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Tasty Empanadas"
- updated a Buenos Aires Travel Page "My Home Away from Home"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 350 reviews, 1414 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 180 reviews, 628 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 143 reviews, 502 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale Intro, 111 reviews, 474 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 99 reviews, 461 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 185 reviews, 364 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 86 reviews, 397 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 105 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 87 reviews, 355 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia Intro, 70 reviews, 339 photos, 3 travelogues