"My Home Away from Home" Top 5 Page for this destination Buenos Aires by cjg1

Buenos Aires Travel Guide: 4,806 reviews and 8,940 photos

Cow Do IV

My last visit to Buenos Aires was my longest trip. I also brought a group with me instead of my usual solo status to Cow Do IV. Liz, Rob, Mickey, Antoinette and Rich came along to enjoy a fun Argentinian Adventure. Traveling with a large bunch of people never mind hosting Cow Do, can be stressful. Fortunately the fun times outweighed the stress and we had a great time.

It was very important for me to show Liz Buenos Aires. It is a home away from home and I have made wonderful friends here. It is a place I have loved for many years and have had wonderful memories. It was a great trip and we had so much fun togetherand with the group. It was also special since this was Rob's first trip out of the U.S.

I did nothing and it was everything I thought it could be.....*

I have truly found my home. My spiritual home anyway. Where I live when I am dreaming of not being at home in New York. I come here at least every year but usually more than that. And although I come what feels like often I still have so much to see and do here. I have so far stayed in Recoleta each time, twice with apartment rentals and once at a hostel. Although some would argue that we missed out on meeting people and seeing and doing everything by staying in an apartment instead of a hostel or hotel I feel we were given the experience of living in the city. We spent most of our time in our neighborhood. Were able to become familiar with the different places and options that are there for everyone in the city on a daily basis. The café owners. The bartenders. Waiters and Waitresses. Neighbors. Everywhere we went in our neighborhood it felt like we were at home. I just love “living” here.

Two of my trips have been during Cow Do. The Flyertalk.com gathering each Labor Day weekend in the States. So these events have taken me around town as well as my times with Sof and Pilar.

Everyone we met was friendly and helpful whether they spoke English or not. Our Spanish is VERY bad. But we were able to get around and even have conversation with the cabbies after the week had come to a close. Although that was three on one. It was truly a pleasure to meet you all.

A special thank you to Pilar Sofia and Iwona for making those days especially fun. From the tours to the ideas to the running across town to make a meeting.

• In a nutshell:Eat My Lomo
  • Last visit to Buenos Aires: Sep 2008
  • Intro Updated Nov 6, 2009

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Interesting pages . I know I'll return often before my trip in Oct!!

• Durfun's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2010 at 2:25 PM

Hi, Interesting stuff - empanadas! Gujaratis have an identical looking sweet called ghughraas. Check them out sometime!!

• Jan 26, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Do you remember the name of the place in Argentina...the one you rented from ByTArgentina? It looks fantastic! Thanks.

• sabrina_florida's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2009 at 5:54 PM

I remember meeting you back in your first trip to BA in 2005. I'm glad to hear you've been back many times and that you're about to get married! Congratulations! :)

• May 1, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Thank you so much! We have a pre-planned itinerary and Florida is on it! Now we know to buy elsewhere! Also, the Uru Leather Factory is hot on the list and you mention to buy your leather at Onze. It's my first trip to BA and I'm clueless.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2009 at 10:07 AM

Chris, you are the featured member right now on VT! Your Buenos Aires pages are among your best...hope you had a good Easter, Norman :)

• nora_south_africa's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2008 at 12:46 PM

thanx very much for the apartment tip!

• marcbrazil's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2007 at 11:57 AM

Weare planning to go to Buenos Aires in january, your tips are very useful!;)

• silvinapaula's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2007 at 7:33 AM

It is always nice to know that someone from "abroad" loves my city. Bye! Sil.

• florry's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2007 at 11:49 PM

Love your pages..greetings from Ireland..Barbara

cjg1 Visits Here Frequently!

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Badges & Stats in Buenos Aires

Have you been to Buenos Aires?

Latest Activity in Buenos Aires