"Finally to the Falls" Top 5 Page for this destination Parque Nacional del Iguazù by cjg1
Parque Nacional del Iguazù Travel Guide: 399 reviews and 1,166 photos
My trip to the falls on the Rio Iguazu was definitely worth the effort to come here. I had been wanting to come up here for years and just had never made it yet but finally in September of 2008 I was able to come.
The arrival on the flight feels like they just took a cookie cutter and chunked out a small airfield in the rain forest with a two gate terminal. We were in row one on the flight up and were among the first off the plane and into the terminal to await our baggage.
With bags in hand we made our way out to the exit of the airport and almost choked on the humidity. Quickly we found a taxi with what appears to be the flat rate of 60 pesos to the Sheraton. So into the car and off we were just taking in the “country road” setting and some small talk and tour guide activities from the driver.
One surprise was coming quickly in that we had a park pass to buy on our way to the hotel at the costs of 40 ARS per person. So make sure you have enough cash to cover all of the above.
Once inside the park you come to the main park buildings and a traffic circle that you go around and out the left side heading to the hotel. Eventually the hotel will be on the left hand side and you’ll really feel like you’ve arrived. But trust me and wait on your excitement. Grab your bags and head into the hotel for check in. Finally out the large windows behind the check in desk you get your first view of the falls. And that is why we all come here after all isn’t it.
The Falls is a great place to unwind. Our trip to the Falls felt like a totally different vacation from Buenos Aires. Neither one of us is the outdoor adventure type with lots of climbing etc so we enjoyed a leisurely exploration of the park. The park is well mapped out and it is easy to get around on foot.
Sometimes it's fun just to relax. During a rainy day we went to the Spa for an awesome massage, jacuzzi. and some champagne. It was a relaxing experience that was a highlight of our trip. We spent the late afternoon and evening enjoying drinks at the lobby bar. It realy was a great time.
- Pros:In the Immortal Words of Dell, The View!
- Cons:More expensive than other areas in Argentina
- In a nutshell:Be Sure To Come At Least Once
The Falls are absolutely incredible. The rush of water plummeting down into the gorge is spectacular. The subtropical... more travel advice
Apparently it is indeed a crime to feed the monkeys and also a big enough problem that they have many signs warning you... more travel advice
- See All The Legend of the Falls
- Park Entrance
- See All Various Shopping
- See All The Train
cjg1's Related Pages
Parque Nacional del Iguazù Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Iguazu Falls - The World's Most Spectacular!"
- "Falling Water . . ."
- "An amazing experience at Iguazu Falls"
- "The End of the Rainbow"
- "Finally to the Falls"
- "Devil's Throat - Garganta del Diablo"
- "Yguazù : Agua grande !!!!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- Hotels in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- Transportation in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- Nightlife in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- Restaurants in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- Shopping in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- Warnings and Dangers in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- 21 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (74)
Have you been to Parque Nacional del Iguazù?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- Posted in Travel Caribbean and Central America Forum "Re: Caribbean Cruises Questions"
- updated a Parque Nacional del Iguazù Travel Page "Finally to the Falls"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bring your own adapters"
- Wrote a Review The Legend of the Falls in Parque Nacional del Iguazù Local Customs
- Commented on one of DSwede's Parque Nacional del Iguazù travel pages
Photos in Parque Nacional del IguazùSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 349 reviews, 1409 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 142 reviews, 486 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale Intro, 110 reviews, 474 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 99 reviews, 461 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 185 reviews, 356 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 127 reviews, 370 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 86 reviews, 397 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 101 reviews, 342 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 87 reviews, 355 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia Intro, 70 reviews, 339 photos, 3 travelogues