"Living the Dream......" cjg1's Profile

I'm Loving My New Life..................

On Friday November 13, 2009 Liz and I were married in a very intimate ceremony. A good friend and fellow Vter(Newyorkerman) was minister. A week later we had another wedding in Turks & Caicos on the beach during sunset. We honeymooned for two weeks in a beautiful island paradise. It was the most wonderful experience being together and enjoying our new life together in such a heavenly setting.

Getting married to Liz was the happiest moment in my life. I can't believe that it is all real and that she is my wife.I can't wait to see what wonderful adventures life has to offer us.......

Check out our wonderful Honeymoon Memories:
Turks & Caicos

It's been five wonderful years since our wedding and we still feel like honeymooners. My wife is the best gift I could have in my life and my life truly began when we met.

I've Been Busy...........

Life has had its ups and downs over the years. We lost several family members including my wife's Father as well as friends. We gained a niece and a nephew as well as another niece on the way in July. We have moved twice during those years and are now enjoying our beach house.

We've traveled to some amazing places and met new friends along the way. Life is good and always getting better.

Playing Catch Up

I've been pretty busy the past five years and am just starting to catch up on my pages....it might take me a year or so. So pardon the many pages that are currently under construction or being built.

As always its been a real pleasure to meet so many wonderful VTers along the way.

The Birthday Tales & Family Travel

Over the years I have been fortunate to spend my Birthday in some incredible places: Edinburgh, San Fransico, surrounded by Moscow & Buenos Aires, Hong Kong, Singapore, Budapest, Sydney for 2010 and a wonderful birthday in Mahe for 2011.
Sydney, Perth and Hong Kong for 2012; which was a blast. In 2013, I turned the Big 4-0 in Hawaii, which was a wonderful and memorable trip.

As the years pass I have realized that travel is a gift and it should be shared. I have been lucky to have travelled with my wife, my brother in law Rob, my Mom and her fiancee, Liz's parents, Mikey, Chris, Karen, Lydia, Antoinette and Rich. Sharing a travel adventure together was a great experience especially if you can open up a person to a new place and culture. I am lucky to have a great travel partner in Liz. We enjoy travelling together and every destination is more new adventures and memories.

Evolution

Its truly amazing how life changes along the way. Just like VT itself has changed along the way.

I first starting going to www.virtualtourist.com back when it was just a graphical interface of lists of servers with web content. Give or take, 1994/1995. This drifted off however as time went by and search engines were developed and improved.

Then in early 1999 I was working from home during the day and decided I was in a rut of sorts with the websites I would frequent. So I went back to find new content to read and decided to find something local. Back to www.virtualtourist.com. Well, it was no longer what I wanted. But I looked around, made an ID and basically forgot about it for a week.

That is when I returned on March 21 of 1999. And couldn’t for the life of me remember my log on information. So I created another ID, my current cjg1, and started paying more attention to it. Building minimal and quite honestly, horrible content. Reading forums. Etc for the next five months or so.

Then it was another break in the action for me as I had moved, a new job, and was trying to figure out what to do with my life. Which is funny because 8+ years later I have only some of those questions answered.

And finally after that break of about a year when I found myself working in Karlsruhe Germany I really got involved with VT. Content, Forums, etc. I however did not know at the time I was basically walking right past where the VT offices had been each day on my way to and from work.

And I’ve never looked back.

Some words about VTers and Meetings

I have had the honor to meet many people here on VT. Along the way I would assume the number is more than 300 of you. I never thought to keep a list back then. And now when I see lists on other's pages I wonder if it would even be possible to create. But it really wouldn’t. People here come and go and memories sadly do the same. I would never want to leave someone off.

My most recent VT meeting was much more than a VT meeting. It was like having our own private tour guide. Thank you so much for all the time you gave us that day in Budapest. I am sure I'd not have seen or done half as much if you had given me a week there on my own.

Travel Styles

Over the years my travel style has included mileage runs, long weekend trips and tons of air time. I don't know if it's maturing or a change in priorities but my travel style has changed.

I've actually grown to love a lazy beach vacation and cruising. Disney World was a place I never had a desire to see until I met my wife. Since she is a Disney fanatic I agree to go. Since then we have returned several times and I actually enjoy being there despite the masses of children. We have even enjoyed some Disney cruises. We've recenntly palnned a big family Disney trip that will be incredible and our nephew's first Disney experience.

Our road trips have been great ways to spend weekends and explore some favorite areas as well as new ones.

Our air time has primarily been to see family with the occasional pleasure trip. Having so many new relatives that live in great places makes it easy to agree to a family visit.

My Favorite Travel Books.

How I Worked My Way Around the World by Harry Steele Morrison. 1903 - Rereading this one now.
A Walk Across France by Miles Morland

• Intro Updated Feb 27, 2015

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
cjg1's Profile Photo

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Real Name