"Redwood National Forest" Redwood National Park by lar-n-me

Redwood National Park Travel Guide: 84 reviews and 274 photos

Redwoods

A "pre note" regarding the notice below received about my wildflower picking. Please notice I wrote "the whole trip" in my paragraph about the plants and flowers, and I would like to include my response to member Combinedefx .

"I just read the notice you wrote about my picking wildflowers in the park and can understand your comment. I need to (and will) add to that page that I didn't pick within the park, as I do know it's not right and would never promote.
That page reflected a 4 day trip through Oregon/Northern CA, of which I did pick flowers that lasted long enough to stay fresh and beautiful throughout our national park trek, but did not pick any flowers within the park.
I also would like to add that I am such a nature freak that even outside the parks i 1. only pick flowers when there's a multitude and am in no way depleting the beauty for others to see and 2. NEVER never uproot the flower, but rather snip them, which actually promotes extra growth. pruning if you will.
Anyway, thanks for looking at our pages and I always welcome others opinions. Take care. jen"

How many people know that redwoods--Sequoia Sempervirens--used to cover about 2 million acres. Now only approx 95,000 acres remain, only along the coast of central and northern California. The redwoods can live to be 2000 years old and grow to over 300 feet tall.

I truly believe the Redwood Forest is something everyone should see. You can read all you want, but never will you get the full concept of their vast size if you don't see them.

redwood national & state parks

complimenting plants

Of course the trees steal the show, but the plants and wildflowers also more than add to the beauty.
This whole trip I couldn't contain myself, made Lar pull over frequently so I could add to my eclectic bouquet of wildflowers. They added a nice, colorful touch to our hotel rooms.

and animals

Herds of elk can be seen in the park.

• In a nutshell:Just go
  • Last visit to Redwood National Park: May 2001
  • Intro Updated Jul 28, 2004

• AnitaJRT's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2006 at 8:58 AM

Loved your response to Combinedefx . . . . aboslutely agree that the Redwood's are a captivating place. Super photos.

• Combinedefx's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2004 at 6:53 PM

You ADMITTED to picking wildflowers,shows real ignorance! NEVER pick ANYTHING in a National Park! It is a PRESERVE. It's also illegal. Maybe a small flower to you, just like the redwoods are just another big tree to those who don't care to think.

lar-n-me

“The beauty of the venture is that we stand to lose nothing”

Badges & Stats in Redwood National Park

Have you been to Redwood National Park?

Latest Activity in Redwood National Park