Saint Thomas Things to Do Tips by vabchtraveler Top 5 Page for this destination

Saint Thomas Things to Do: 13 reviews and 17 photos

Get your Banana Daiquiri here - no thanks - Saint Thomas

Get your Banana Daiquiri here - no thanks

Mountain Top

Magen's Bay and lots of islands are excellently viewed from the terrace at Mountain Top. Other than that, I don't know why you'd go. The banana daiquiri was a complete zero with me -- maybe mine was just badly mixed -- but it was $9.00 and tiny, too. The store itself was extremely crowded with 'tourist stuff' -- which I don't mind, after all, I am a tourist. But, I prefer to shop the unique and I really like it if it is made on the island I'm visiting. So, I found nothing to purchase in that huge store.

Address: Tallest point on St. Thomas

• Written Apr 18, 2012
Beautiful Bay at Charlotte Amalie - Saint Thomas

Beautiful Bay at Charlotte Amalie

Island Marketing Tour

I recently visited St. Thomas for the 4th time and I decided that I wanted to do a 'formal' tour and see some of the island that I'd previously missed. My friends and I signed up with Island Marketing for an inexpensive (less than $40) 6 hour tour. Now, it wasn't very hands-on, it was more destination delivery, but it was perfect for what I was looking. Let me start by saying that the ship was an hour late making port due to weather so we really didn't know what to expect! But, bless him, Godfrey was still there waiting for us - dressed in a most professional manner. First, we got into a nice, clean safari bus with the others and Godfrey took us to Charlotte Amalie for an hour plus of shopping, strolling, and looking around.

From town, Godfrey took us up to Mountain Top where we spent about 30 minutes overlooking the bay and looking at all the other Virgin Islands. There were great photo ops there. There was shopping there if you wanted and, of course, the famous banana daiquiri - I'm not a fan but I can say I had one! From there we stopped at an overlook or two and headed down to Magen's Bay. The weather wasn't the best but we got some time to swim and relax, and it really is beautiful. The snorkeling was a zero the day we were there, however. There's an extra $4 fee for Magen's Bay.

Godfrey picked us up and drove us back to the ship right on time. I definitely felt that we got our money's worth. I don't really need a guide to hold my hand - just show me around and let me soak up your scenery. Godfrey did provide some commentary along the way, however. Good job, Island Marketing.

Website: http://www.stthomascruiseexcursions.com

• Written Apr 11, 2012
Coki Beach - in front of Uncle Buddys - Saint Thomas

Coki Beach - in front of Uncle Buddys

Snorkel at Coki Beach

We disembarked from our cruise ship in Charlotte Amalie at the Havensight shops. We walked a few blocks to the taxis - safari buses - and asked the drivers congregated there where to find good snorkeling on St. Thomas (we'd already tried Magen's Bay and Sapphire Bay with little success on previous trips.) The driver had no hesitation in telling us he would take us to the great snorkeling at Coki Beach. The taxi ride was $12 one-way and was a beautiful, scenic experience. When we got to Coki Beach, however, the outer area where we were dropped off looked a little sketchy -- but not to worry, it's all just atmoshere. Wander through the merchants to the beautiful sugary white sand beach. Someone will rent you a chair for $5, or an umbrella, or snorkel gear, or sell you fish food -- whatever... The water is crystal clear and very calm. Of course, as you look across the bay you see that the water is the vivid blues, greens, teals that we all love about the Caribbean. At the right end of the beach, as you face the water, you can walk out just a little and be surrounded by fish - sergeants majors and parrotfish for sure - waiting to be fed. The snorkeling is easy and the fish are abundant in this area. Back on the beach, there are lots of nice, friendly (not pushy) waiters walking the beach and taking orders for the eateries there. We had conch fritters from Uncle Buddys and were very pleased. This is not a well publicized beach but if you read Trip Advisor, Cruise Critic, and/or Virtual Tourist, you'll find that most of the folks who find it are crazy about it.

Directions: across the island from the cruise docks - a short and inexpensive taxi ride

• Updated Oct 9, 2009

vabchtraveler

“When do you want to go?”

Badges & Stats in Saint Thomas

Have you been to Saint Thomas?

Latest Activity in Saint Thomas