"Siquijor... so friendly" Siquijor Island by fleurann
Siquijor Island Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 146 photos
We visited Cambugahay Falls en route for Mt Bandilaan. When we arrived at the parking area ( a small fee) there were only the local vendors offering cold drinks and snacks. We descended the steps and wow, in front of us were the falls ... the colour and scenery here are incredible. The falls consist of several chutes of various sizes, the largest suitable for swimming. We followed the path at the side of the falls up into the forest area, so calm and peaceful. On the way back some locals had arrived, and they were diving into the falls from the rocks, I didn't have the courage to try but they said it was cold but great!
Arrive early, bring a picnic and enjoy the calm before anyone else arrives...
En route for Mt Bandilaan National Park we passed some rice fields. The landscape here is more rural. Mt Bandilaan is situated at the centre of the province. It is a 244 hectare man made forest and there are lots of interesting trees and plants. We also visited The Butterfly Sanctuary which is home to Asia's largest butterfly. There are also Religious Parks and Natural Springs within the Park.
We hired a motorbike ( easy to drive,cheap and fun) to take a tour around the Island. This gives you lots of flexibility, you can stop where and when you want. An ideal way of seeing the sights. We pased these Wooden Houses, which are occupied, even though they appear abandoned!
- Pros:The friendliness of the people
- In a nutshell:Not to be missed!
We stayed at The Villa Marmarine for 3 nights during December 2009. A tricycle driver (Juan) recommended it after our... more travel advice
fleurann's Related Pages
Siquijor Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Siquijor: get away from it all..."
- "Mystic Island!"
- "Witches in wonderland."
- "Siquijor: The Mystical Island"
- "Siquijor - Isla del Fuego"
- "Siquijor... so friendly"
- "Siquijor island - Off the beaten track"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Siquijor Island
- Hotels in Siquijor Island
- Transportation in Siquijor Island
- Nightlife in Siquijor Island
- Restaurants in Siquijor Island
- Shopping in Siquijor Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Siquijor Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Siquijor Island
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Siquijor Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Siquijor Island
Photos in Siquijor IslandSee All Photos (6)
Top 5 Pages
- Banaue 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Siquijor Island Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Antibes 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Dumaguete 1 review, 3 photos
- Antalya Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.