"Arenzano" Arenzano by utttz
Arenzano Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 10 photos
not far from genoa, arenzano is a good place to stay if you like hicking in the mountains or diving on a sunk tanker.
Haven was the sister ship of "Amoco Cadiz" sunk in 1978 in front of france leaving 230,000 tons of petrol at sea.
Haven was the sister ship of "Maria Alejandra", exploded on 1980 in front of Mauritania.
Haven was the sister ship of "Mycene", exploded on 1980 in front of Senegal.
guess what... in 1991 haven exploded while was waiting to unload his petrol in Genoa.
the ship exploded on april 11 at 1240 and continued burning until she sunk on april 14 at 1040. The weather was luckily very calm and most of the petrol burnt instead of flood at sea.
the ship is now at about -80m, the aft castle is -32.
about 1.2 Nm out the coast of arenzano,
lat 44°22'18" N -
- Pros:a nice little town just west of genoa
- Cons:really crowded during the summer
- In a nutshell:not every day a ship is burning
if you can dive till -80 a dive to the haven can be really exciting. You need to be guided as it's not an easy dive at... more travel advice
utttz's Related Pages
Arenzano Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arenzano
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Arenzano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arenzano
Top 10 Pages
- Peru Intro, 27 reviews, 128 photos, 9 travelogues
- Genoa Intro, 48 reviews, 89 photos, 3 travelogues
- Laos Intro, 10 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 23 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sweden Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bolivia Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 16 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 9 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Uyuni Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Finland Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues