"salinas and inca labs" Maras by utttz
Maras Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 36 photos
Since I went to peru in 1997 I wanted to go to the salinas which I had to skip due to lack of time. Being in Cusco again with friends going to macchu picchu and my own motorbike getting bored in the cocheria, the obvious choice was to go to chinchero, maras and then down to the urubamba valley to the pisac sunday market. I loved my time in maras so much that I didn't reach pisac.
after the salinas, a pleasant ride in the country brings to moray, that is supposed to be the Inca's agricolture lab., the place where the incas experimented new THINGs to grow around.
on my way back from moray I decided to stop in little restaurant to have some coffee but I ended up in asking a lomo saltado and a cusqueña.
- Pros:still not packed with tourists
- Cons:none if it's not raining
- In a nutshell:worth going for nice wievs
this strange, huge hole in the ground seems not to be an amphitheatre, a stadium or anything like that: each level has... more travel advice
maras itself is worth a little look, at least a stop. if you can, avoid just running through to moray spare a minute for... more travel advice
utttz's Related Pages
Maras Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "salinas and inca labs"
- "inca salt works in amazing surroundings"
- "Freecloud's Maras\Salinas"
- "Salt and pepper..."
- "SALT MINES"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Maras
- 5 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Maras?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maras
Photos in MarasSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Peru Intro, 27 reviews, 128 photos, 9 travelogues
- Genoa Intro, 48 reviews, 89 photos, 3 travelogues
- Laos Intro, 10 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 23 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sweden Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bolivia Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 16 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 9 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Uyuni Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Finland Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues