"of all the things I've lost is PEACE I miss most" utttz's Profile
PEACE even to that @#?#?$%& who stole my flag
yes, SLOW - FOOD means local culture, local jobs, local tradition... some more opportunity for LOCAL development!!! And more enjoiement of your travels.... if you can have "globalized food" at home, why having it while travelling?
I'm supporting the lichinga's slow food campaign :-)
well.... sometimes the english in my pages is just too good to be mine.... I really like to thanks my private editor for all the corrections!
a genial posting:
Thu Mar 21 22:56:24 2002
Q: Where are the best pubes and what are to tope choice beers?
Wed Apr 25 12:36:30 2001
Q: What is peru like there
huuu I could not resist to copy this one... browsing VT you'll easily get who's the real author:
1. My pages are made completely by myself unless stated differently (I've got some borrowed photos because I'm not such a great photographer).
I'm quite a better photographer but I've got some borrowed pics too
2. I am strictly against copying any existing pages. If you have to copy, please give due credits. But my hearty advice is not to copy at all. There's really no need for that.
do whatever you want providing you promise to refrain from getting upset if someone discover your copies
3. My credo: to provide information which cannot be found in guidebooks. Therefore no hard data on country size, population and similar, but solely personal experience.
I may add that usually I will not post infos about hotels or restaurant... high standard hotels are well known and easy to find while small ones can change quickly... I find not useful to provide out of date information (And my memory is not so good)
4. Before putting you on my friends list I'll get to know you a bit better and exchange at least a few mails/notices/chat sentences with you. I'll appreciate it if you do the same.
Huuu, I do not have "strict rules"
5. I've got a strict anti-spamming policy. No postcards please, unless we're close friends. It often happens that I rate someone's page and find my mailbox full of postcards from this person at the next moment. This is very likely to be counter-effective. Please let me have the pleasure of discovering pages myself.
Same as for friend list... spam whatever you want but as I'm lazy over the limit please spam me with postcard.... I love the go to this travel page button...
I was noticed about this other nice "notice": "Please leave me a message and tell me what you think about my page! And sorry if won't personally thank you and reply you."
Why would I bother in such a case?????
I thik about dying
About disease, starvation,
War, the end of the world.
keep my mind out of things.
I wanna be the leader
I wanna be the leader
Can I be the leader?
Can I? I can?
Yippee I'm the leader
I'm the leader
OK what shall we do?
per quanto voi vi crediate assolti
siete per sempre coinvolti... o meglio, per quanto ci crediamo assolti siamo tutti coinvolti.
" .....Vuolsi cosi',
cola' dove si puote cio' che si vuole
e piu' non dimandate"
according to baronedivandastad it should sound like this: So it is wanted There where what is wanted is made real And no more you ask
«Mi offrite una guerra che à per mezzo la
morte e per fine la vita, io ve ne domando
una che abbia per mezzo la vita e per fine la
(ALDO PALAZZESCHI, Neutrale, in «Lacerba», II, 24, 1 dicembre
that can be translated as: "You offer me a war that aims at life through death;
I ask you for a different one that go through life and has death as an end."... second try: "You offer me a war that has death as its mean and as and life as its aim... but
i ask u for one that has life as its mean and death as an end" not exactly the same but.... it seems I received the real translation: "You offer me a war whose way is death, and those ultimate end is life...
And I, I ask you for one where life is the road, and death the final destination."
an now what ungaretti wrote during WW1:
a un compagno
con la sua bocca
volta al plenilunio
con la congestione
delle sue mani
nel mio silenzio
lettere piene d'amore
Non sono mai stato
attaccato alla vita
A whole night
with his mouth
facing the whole moon
with the congestion
of his hands
I have written
letters full of love
I have never been
attached to life
We european have been bashed a lot in the late times... OLD europe is not forgetting, we just believe and love this side of the United States, social, creative, thinking..... charlie mingus, martin luter king (my secondary scool was dedicated to him), lawrence ferlingetti, jim morrison, thelonius monk, tom waits, john giorno, woody allen and tons of other that gave lot to the world.... www.moveon.org
unfortunately some european invented english and there's no excuses for that::
Why is English so hard to learn?
1) The bandage was wound around the wound.
2) The farm was used to produce produce.
3) The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
4) We must polish the Polish furniture.
5) He could lead if he would get the lead out.
6) The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
7) Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was
time to present the present.
8) I did not object to the object.
9) There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.
10) They were too close to the door to close it.
11) Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.
12) How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?
13) I shed my clothes in the shed.
Let's face it - English is a ridiculous language.
There is no egg in eggplant, nor ham in a hamburger; neither apple
nor pine in a pineapple.
English muffins weren't invented in England, nor French fries in France.
Sweetmeats are candies while sweetbreads, which aren't sweet, are meat.
You cannot buy boots in Boots. You cannot buy virgins in Virgins. You cannot buy threshers in Threshers and the Superdrug chain is a great disappointment
We take English for granted. But if we explore its paradoxes, we find that quicksand can work slowly, boxing rings are square and a guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig.
And why is it that bakers bake, but grocers don't groce?
If the plural of tooth is teeth, why isn't the plural of booth beeth?
One goose, 2 geese. So one moose, 2 meese? One index, 2 indices?
If teachers taught, why didn't preachers praught?
If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?
Sometimes I think all the English speakers should be committed
to an asylum for the verbally insane.
In what language do people recite at a play and play at a recital?
We ship by truck and send cargo by ship. Have noses that run and feet
How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same, while a wise
man and a wise guy are opposites?
You have to marvel at the unique lunacy of a language in which
your house can burn up as it burns down, in which you fill in a form by
filling it out and in which an alarm goes off by going on.
English was invented by people, not computers, and it reflects the creativity of the human race (which, of course, isn't a race at all).
That is why, when the stars are out, they are visible, but when the lights are out, they are invisible.
And finally, how about when you want to shut down your computer
you have to hit "START"
How many cuckooes could a good cook cook, if a cook could cook cuckooes?
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."
President Dwight D. Eisenhower
April 16, 1953
while you're not sailing you can have some good laugh at:
After this joust a little thought to keep in mind when dealing with other cultures in travelling and life: when Mr Gandi was asked what was his opinion on western civilization he replied that it would have been a good idea......
Near the coast is not always the safest place to be.... sometimes stay in the open, deep stormy water is better. And this is often true even if you're not on board :-)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 448 Reviews
- 826 Photos
- 25 Countries
- 41 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
- Uploaded a Photo to "cheese!"
- utttz and yakacik are now friends.
- created a Buenos Aires Travel Page "just a few hours but I'll be back"
- Posted in Travel Coffs Harbour Forum "RE: RE: phone who"
- Commented on La_Holandesa's profile page
updated their Profile Page "of all the things I've lost is PEACE I miss most"
- Wrote a Review festival internazionale di poesia in Genoa Nightlife
Top 10 Pages
- Peru Intro, 27 reviews, 128 photos, 9 travelogues
- Genoa Intro, 48 reviews, 89 photos, 3 travelogues
- Laos Intro, 10 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 23 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sweden Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bolivia Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 16 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 9 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Uyuni Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Finland Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22160 Reviews - 53864 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15525 Reviews - 30893 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23058 Reviews - 47256 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17013 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4448 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4270 Reviews - 8783 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19444 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos