Snæfellsnes- og Hnappadalssýsla Hotel Tips by snorril Top 5 Page for this destination
Snæfellsnes- og Hnappadalssýsla Hotels: 5 reviews and 13 photos
The church at Búðir
I have not stayed at this hotel yet but heard nothing but good things about it. It is a very special hotel newly built after the old one burnt down.
Those of you who can afford to travel in a little style Hotel Búðir is a perfect place to stay at.
The hotel also has a luxorious dining room and makes a perfect location for a romantic dinner.
Unique Qualities: This hotel is situated at Búðir with amazinging surroundings. Iceland's largest golden sand beach and vast lava fields make together unique mixture.
The hotel is also close to various activities like hiking, riding, fishing, snowscooters etc.
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Located at Búðir on the southern part of Snæfellsnes peninsula.
The Campground at Hellnar
- update 2005 - * Unfortunately the campground at Hellnar has been closed. The surroundings of course have not changed and you can still book accommodation at the guesthoust - albeit a little more expensive than the campground was. Haven't stayed in their rooms but they sure look nice and this place is still highly recommended. The closest campground is at Arnarstapi (must see activities).
The campground at Hellnar is quiet and cosy and beautifully set. It has moderate facilities including showers.
The place also has sleepingbag accommodation and a guesthouse. It is run by a kind of a new-age family with emphasis on organic food, meditation and such.
If you are not into this new-age thing (I'm not) you shouldn't be deterred because the place is open to everyone.
Unique Qualities: The campground is set in extremely beautiful settings with interesting rock formations at the coast and amazing views of Snæfellsjökull glacier and Mt. Stapafell.
There are beautiful hiking paths in the vicinity and I can recommend walking along the coastline to Arnarstapi (3 km.)
Comparison: least expensive
Directions: Southern part of Snæfellsnes peninsula
Price: less than US$20
More Reviews (10)
snorril's Related Pages
Snæfellsnes- og Hnappadalssýsla Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SNÆFELLSNES PENINSULA - WHAT A MAGICAL PLACE!"
- "The Snaefellsnes Peninsula"
- "beautiful, beautiful; stunningly beautiful!"
- "Camping at Snæfellsnes 17th-20th of July 2003"
- "Glacier, Bird Cliffs, Wilderness"
- "Sharrie's Arnastapi Charm"
- "A Great Weekend at Snæfellsnes Pennisula"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Snæfellsnes- og Hnappadalssýsla
- Hotels in Snæfellsnes- og Hnappadalssýsla
- Transportation in Snæfellsnes- og Hnappadalssýsla
- Restaurants in Snæfellsnes- og Hnappadalssýsla
- See All...
Explore the World
- Dar Naima
- Hotel Oceana Santa Barbara
- Abbott Hotel
- Hotel Kartika Raya
- Hotel Vienna
- Frogmore Hotel
- Jin Jiang Hotel Chengdu
- Hotel Gasthof Engl
- Benbulben Apartments
- Hotel Silverine
- Le Meridien Pune
- Charles Bridge B&B
- Highfield B&B
- Comfort Inn Cleveland
Badges & Stats in Snæfellsnes- og Hnappadalssýsla
- 12 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Snæfellsnes- og Hnappadalssýsla?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Snæfellsnes- og Hnappadalssýsla
- Posted in Travel Iceland Forum "Re: Traveling around Iceland with..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Snowscooter on Snæfellsjökull"
- Wrote a Review Grundarfjörður in Snæfellsnes- og Hnappadalssýsla Off The Beaten Path
- updated a Snæfellsnes- og Hnappadalssýsla Travelogue "Camping at Snæfellsnes 17th-20th of July 2003"
Photos in Snæfellsnes- og HnappadalssýslaSee All Photos (24)
Read real reviews about Snæfellsnes- og Hnappadalssýsla Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 35 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Snæfellsnes- og Hnappadalssýsla 12 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Naxos Island Intro, 13 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Reykjanes Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Þingvellir Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Slovenia Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paros Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Prefecture of Chania Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Heraklion Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos