"Paros - the Marble Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Paros by snorril

Paros Travel Guide: 165 reviews and 363 photos

A quick decision

We didn't know much about Paros before we came there. Only decided to go there after our adventurous trip to Santorini and the next ferry was to Paros.

We certainly don't regret going there, it was perhaps our favorite island. Because we didn't have any expectations it came as a really pleasant surprise.

Lucky luck

A big part in why we liked Paros so much was the accommodation we stumbled upon. After departing the ferry a group of touts met us at the port and we kind of left with the first one we met. We managed to get the price from 30€ to 20€ per night. His hotel was is the town of Naoussa, which is absolutely a beautiful town.

You can check out other pages I have made about Greece:

Crete
Naxos
Ios
Santorini

• Last visit to Paros: Jun 2003
  • Intro Updated Jul 22, 2008

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2009 at 1:17 PM

What a lovely page. Hoping to go there next year ;-)

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2007 at 3:07 AM

Nice place! Ciao!

• xuessium's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2006 at 6:17 AM

Nice marbleways...but I musn't be greedy!

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2005 at 10:37 AM

I'considering a trip to Paros, so your page is of great help.

• mapakettle's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2004 at 2:41 AM

So glad I stopped by. We are going to Santorini end of June, then off to Paros. We have friends in the capital, but now are considering Naoussa. Thanks for the info...Pa (mapakettle)

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2003 at 2:19 PM

What a great decision to visit and good choiceon your accomm. They sure don't make too many like that local farmer.. very friendly. Naoussa is certainly lovely. Good write up.

• kaloz's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2003 at 5:37 PM

The Marble Road is quite a sight, and a day to relax on a beach is always fun. Travelling can be exhausting.

• Aug 24, 2003 at 2:16 PM

I went to the marble quarries. It was Easter... I was totally alone... felt small in a river of marble

• prleprle's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2003 at 9:21 AM

Very nice place!!! So Greek!

Badges & Stats in Paros