"Reykjanes peninsula" Reykjanes by snorril
Reykjanes Travel Guide: 69 reviews and 235 photos
Reykjanes peninsula is the first part of Iceland most visitors see. The international airport lies at Keflavík on the western part of the peninsula. I have read a many travelogue with travellers' descriptions on the ride between Reykjavík and the airport . They wonder what the hell they are doing in this country, which greets them with barren, vast lava fields.
Although uninviting at times (espescially in bad weathers) the Reykjanes peninsula offers beautiful natural sights, such as amazing landscapes, boiling mud and water pots, spectalcular coastline with ample birdlife and of course the Blue Lagoon, Iceland's most visited tourist spot.
Click the picture for panoramic view.
Exploring the Reykjanes peninsula makes a wonderful day-tour from Reykjavík, either with a guided tour or on your own (some guide book recommended). This is also a great area to explore on foot.
My tips and pics are from a trip I made last July and will at least show you some of the peninsula's natural beauty.
Other pages I have made about Iceland are Iceland, Reykjavík, Snæfellsnes.
No need to spend words on this one. The most famous tourist attraction in Iceland. Guest are mostly foreigners,... more travel advice
Even though we are a bunch of blood-thirsty, whale-killing savages we do seem to care a little bit about our animals. At... more travel advice
snorril's Related Pages
Reykjanes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Reykjanes peninsula"
- "Dark & Barren...Almost !"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Reykjanes
- Restaurants in Reykjanes
- Warnings and Dangers in Reykjanes
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Reykjanes
- 11 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Reykjanes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Reykjanes
Top 10 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 35 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Snæfellsnes- og Hnappadalssýsla 12 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Naxos Island Intro, 13 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Reykjanes Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Þingvellir Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Slovenia Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paros Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Prefecture of Chania Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Heraklion Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos