"Reykjanes peninsula" Reykjanes by snorril

Reykjanes Travel Guide: 70 reviews and 241 photos

Iceland's hall

Reykjanes peninsula is the first part of Iceland most visitors see. The international airport lies at Keflavík on the western part of the peninsula. I have read a many travelogue with travellers' descriptions on the ride between Reykjavík and the airport . They wonder what the hell they are doing in this country, which greets them with barren, vast lava fields.

Although uninviting at times (espescially in bad weathers) the Reykjanes peninsula offers beautiful natural sights, such as amazing landscapes, boiling mud and water pots, spectalcular coastline with ample birdlife and of course the Blue Lagoon, Iceland's most visited tourist spot.

Click the picture for panoramic view.

Exploring the Reykjanes peninsula makes a wonderful day-tour from Reykjavík, either with a guided tour or on your own (some guide book recommended). This is also a great area to explore on foot.

My tips and pics are from a trip I made last July and will at least show you some of the peninsula's natural beauty.

Other pages I have made about Iceland are Iceland, Reykjavík, Snæfellsnes.

• Last visit to Reykjanes: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Feb 27, 2004

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2006 at 1:14 PM

I really miss Iceland ! It is great to make a virtual visit following you !

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2004 at 3:27 PM

My wife and I loved our 2002 visit to Iceland, and we've definitely agreed that we must return another time. Last time, we apparently missed Snorri's shed. I'd like to try those burgers. Greetings from Florida.

• XenoHumph's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2003 at 9:06 AM

Fantastic virtual tour of Reykjanes peninsula! Can't wait to try out that Snorril's shed 5 star restaurant!!

• Eddie101's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2003 at 6:48 PM

I wonder why it's taken me so long to discover the beauty of Iceland? Thanks for the virtual tour Snorri, amazing photography and so helpful, best regards to you, girlfriend and of course Tara :-))

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2003 at 11:28 AM

I can hardly wait to take a meal at Snorri's Shed. In fact, I'll teach you how to make North Carolina barbecue and balls of cornbread called "hush puppies".

Badges & Stats in Reykjanes

Have you been to Reykjanes?

Latest Activity in Reykjanes