"The Island of Sun - on the highest sailable lake!" Top 5 Page for this destination Isla del Sol by gzal
Isla del Sol Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 181 photos
In case you are traveling by land from Peru (eq. from Arequipa) to Bolivia (eg. to La Paz) or vice-versa make sure that you make a stop-over in Copacabana just by the border in Bolivia. Then you can take a short ferry journey and spend memorable day and night on Isla del Sol. The magnificent views will make up for your dealing with high altitude... :-)
- Pros:great views, tasty trout and you can sleep on the island:-)
- Cons:high altitude may cause some disfunctions (eq. headache)
- In a nutshell:definitelly worth visiting - views make up for everything!
As you arrive to the port city of Copacabana take a ferry to the island of Isla del Sol. After you arrive to the island... more travel advice
gzal's Related Pages
Isla del Sol Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Magnificent and Magical Isla del Sol"
- "A break in the middle of Titicaca"
- "Where the sun was born"
- "The Island of Sun - on the highest sailable lake!"
- "Que bonito lago..."
- "2 dias sobre la Isla del Sol"
- "Isla del Sol"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla del Sol
- Hotels in Isla del Sol
- Transportation in Isla del Sol
- Nightlife in Isla del Sol
- Restaurants in Isla del Sol
- Shopping in Isla del Sol
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla del Sol
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isla del Sol
- 2 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Isla del Sol?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla del Sol
Top 10 Pages
- Warsaw Intro, 41 reviews, 21 photos
- Varanasi 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla del Sol Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Stanczyki Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Jaipur 1 review, 1 photo
- Zakopane 1 review, 1 photo
- Ojcow 1 review, 1 photo
- Goa 1 photo, 1 travelogue
- Amritsar Intro, 1 photo
- Quetta Intro, 1 photo