"Roseburg, My Home" Top 5 Page for this destination Roseburg by derats
Roseburg Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 44 photos
Located in Southwestern Oregon, Roseburg is a part of the hundred valleys of the Umpqua. In Roseburg, you can climb a mountain, raft a river or catch a salmon in some of the most picturesque areas of the Pacific Northwest. It is a part of a water wonderland crowned by the world famous Umpqua River.
Nestled in the rolling foothills of the Cascades Mountain range, Roseburg offers the scenic beauty and serenity of a rural community, yet is conveniently located on Interstate 5 with many of Oregon's metropolitan centers nearby.
From the majestic peaks of Crater Lake and Mt Thielson to the east, the beautiful North Umpqua River winds its way through the wilderness along scenic Highway 38. The river is a choice location among top anglers, offering some of the best fly fishing in the country. The North Umpqua offers fishing opportunities for trout, salmon, bass, and is one of the world's only rivers with a native run of summer steelhead. A wide variety of outdoor activities can be enjoyed all within a few miles of this friendly community.
The climate is mild and moist, a fertile region which has attracted many winegrowers. Get a taste of Douglas County by touring some of the region's eight wineries, which grow chardonnay, pinot noir, getwürztraminer, reisling, zinfandel and cabernet sauvignon varietals. Wine, art and music festivals along with many other special events are frequently held throughout the year.
Take some time to explore the area, meet the locals, and discover the rich and diverse natural beauty found in our community.
The Land of Umpqua offers you a "rushing water" journey to Crater Lake via Highway 138, an Oregon Scenic Byway. You'll... more travel advice
If you are boating or swimming in the North, South or Main Umpqua River. Please wear a life jacket, as all the rivers... more travel advice
derats' Related Pages
Roseburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Roseburg, My Home"
- "Allen_Romero on Roseburg"
- "Nancy_in_OR's new Roseburg Page"
- "Roseburg... there is beauty..."
- "isis3d's new Roseburg Page"
- "Elizabeth's Roseburg Tips"
- "Roseburg vicinity"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Roseburg
- Hotels in Roseburg
- Transportation in Roseburg
- Restaurants in Roseburg
- Shopping in Roseburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Roseburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Roseburg
- 8 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Roseburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Roseburg
Top 10 Pages
- Honolulu Intro, 13 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kailua-Kona Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Portland Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Lihue Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos
- Sacramento Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Roseburg Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos
- Townsville Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos