"Welcome to Yana's page :)" melek02's Profile

Hello my VT friends,
It is supposed that I write something about myself on this page...

So here is my short Bio

I was born in the capital of Siberia – Novosibirsk (not so freezing as you may think :) and went abroad fist time at the age of 15 to Bulgaria. That trip changed my life forever and it was never been the same since that time. I fall in love with traveling very much and went to study tourism in business department of Novosibirsk State Technical University :)

While I was studying I went for traineeship to Turkey, and stayed there for 3 yeas :) So as you can guess I can speak fluent Turkish now, know everything about all tourism attractions in Turkey and even can cook some delicious Turkish food. I lived 2 years in Antalya and 1 year in Istanbul. Istanbul still takes big place in my heart and I try to go there every year. So if you have any question about any place in Turkey I would be happy to answer as probably I have been there :)

At the end of 2005 I decided to go back to Russia. I came back on December 31 and celebrated New Year with my family. It was coldest winter in my life in Siberia, one night it was –54 C, and I just arrived from sunny Antalya where was +20 C. So I decided to go to warmer place and went to Moscow. I started to work as English and Turkish translator in construction holding and after one year moved to marketing department of multinational company and I’m still working there.

In Russia we follow rights of the working people very strictly so it allows me to take at least 2 three week vacation in a year. I prefer to travel to South East Asia and my favorite countries there are Thailand, Cambodia and Philippines. In Europe I like Spain most of all (after Russia of course haha), everybody know that most handsome men live in Spain and Italy (haven’t been in Italy yet :)

What does my VT nickname mean?

Melek means angel in Turkish language... Most of my Turkish friends call me so :) Well maybe I'm really angel ;) hehe but I guess all girls with blue eyes are supposed to be Angels in Turkey :)))) I'm even blond for Turkish standards...

02 is my lucky number (well in Russia it is supposed to be 3 but mine is 2 :), also it is my birthday day, my birthday month and even my birthday year... ok ok about the year of my birth: it is just ends with 2 but not 02 (don't worry I'm not the oldest member of VT born in 1902)

About main picture on this page

You always can find my latest pic from my last trip as main picture on this page (I will try to update it regularly)… So now you know how do I look like and if you ever meet me don’t forget to say hi…

Recent Travels

2011
August: Russia (Alexandrov, Sergiev Posad)
July: Russia (Rostov Velikiy)
June: Estonia (Tallinn)
May: Luthuania (Vilnius)
May: Sweden (Stockholm)
May: Estonia (Tallinn, Ust-Narva)
March: Russia (St'Petersburg)
March: Monaco
March: Italy (Roma, Tivoli)
January: Spain (Malaga, Granada, Cordoba, Sevilla, Ronda)

2010
December: Belgium (Brussels, Bruges, Ghent, Antwerp, Ostende, Leuven)
December: Latvia (Riga)
November: Monaco
October: France (Nice, Paris)
October: Germany (Dusseldorf, Cologne)
June: Austria (Vienna)
June: Czech Republic (Olomouc - Praha - Cesky Krumlov)
May: Poland (Krakow) - VT Euromeet yohooo
May: Slovakia (Bratislava)
May: Russia (Smolensk)
May: Belarus (Minsk, Belovezhskaya pushcha)
April: Turkey (Antalya, Olympus)
March: Hungary (Budapest)
February: Spain (Madrid)
January: Philippines (Boracay - Bohol - Dumaguete - Manila)

2009
December: Philippines (Coron - El Nido - Sabang - Puerto Princessa - Boracay)
July: Russia (Southern Siberia: Altay Mountains)
May: Cambodia (Siem Reap), Thailand (Pattaya, Bangkok)
April: Thailand (Bangkok, Koh Lipe), Malaysia (Langkawi, Kuala Lumpur)
January: Indonesia (Bali)

2008
December: Indonesia (Bali - Lombok - Gili Trawangan - Surabaya - Bromo - Ijen - Jogyakarta)
September: Turkey (Istanbul - Cappadocia)
June: Thailand (Bangkok - Koh Tao - Koh Samui)
April: Turkey (Antalya)
January: Turkey (Istanbul - Erzurum - Antalya - Izmir - Selcuk)

2006-2007
It is hard to remember, as I have changed my passport and don't have old copy, but I have visited few countries in Europe and former USSR :)

2002-2005
Turkey (hehe a long trip for 3 years, which were planned as 4 months)

Planned trips

2011
October: USA (NYC, Washington D.C.)
November: Ukraine (Kiev)

- South Africa
- Vietnam
- Australia, New Zealand

• Intro Updated Aug 30, 2011

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
melek02's Profile Photo

melek02

“You are only limited by your imagination”

Real Name