"Uzhhorod or Uzhgorod, city in Western-Ukraine" Top 5 Page for this destination Uzhhorod by catnl

Uzhhorod Travel Guide: 70 reviews and 368 photos

Uzhgorod, Western Ukraine

weather in Uzhhorod
Dixieland music

in english language:
Dixieland music

UDB: a fantastic dixieland band from Uzhgorod! At the above urls u can listen to 3 of their numbers.

UCHATCH OLEXANDER
Uzhgorod 88015, Legotsky str. 23/11, Ukraine
Tel. +38 (03122) 5-03-11
e-mail: cultura@fm.com.ua

24-12-2007

Great to be here again,more later...

Back from the trip fridaymorning, tired after 40 hrs travel by bus etc. more pics
Yes, went to Uzhgorod and other cities again on August 27th :-) and our humanitarian transport was leaving on August 2nd. 2004.

Detailed City Map Uzhhorod
Upcoming hum.transport to Uzhgorod: 2004 preparing...

August 5th.2003
Iam happy to have been here again and met all my family and friends again, and made some new ones as well, iam too tired to update now but i will as soon as i have scanned all the pictures i made during this great fantastic, emotional and interesting trip.
Uzhgorod 2003

Next visit to Ukraine will be July 16 th. untill August 4th. 2003
I will go by car with a friend to Budapest and then take a train from Budapest Keleti to Zahony, then Chop and i think i will be in Uzhgorod July 17th. or 18th. :-)
After 17 months it will be great to see everyone again!

On the Picture:
December 14th.2002
Rio Newspaper published an article about transport to Ukraine and felloworganization Edelweis.

November 4th,2002.
Today monday november 4th.my organization KIDO prepared another transport going to Uzhgorod, the driver came yesterday and we loaded the truck. Today all documents are ready , we had dinner and the driver Vladimir (from Kyiv)will leave tonight at 3am.
Picture will be here later when their ready...

I visit Uzhgorod on a yearly base for now hopefully twice a year in the near future.
I can give info from the locals and experiences i had and will have, its a pity people cant always afford the internet... so i ll do my best and try to give update info through friends who are lucky to be able to have a pc and internetaccess.
For me this city is important because here lives some of my family and here are friends living as well my contacts for my hum.aid org.

Last visit to Uzhgorod was by train February 2002 and...i brought my aunt with me to Holland:-))

At november 14th.2001 i received a thank u letter with pictures from the orhans of the School our org.KIDO is working for.

"Dear Carine van der Vorst.
Children from orphanage in Chaslovtsi, Ukraine think and remmember about you. Please write to us on this e-mail.
Sincerely children from orphanage and Dr. Paul Blanar Michael Buday.
P.S. We enclose two pictures for you with big love.
You can see Kido working for the transport on

January 27th.2002 OMROEP EINDHOVEN TV 13.00-14.00HRS. LOCAL TIME.
We will be on regional tv ..!!
to show people how the aidgoods are being packed and the transport will be filmed as well when leaving for Uzhgorod!
Verhoeven Logitics, our sponsor. They have a number of distribution services for general cargoes within a specific region, including Ukraine.
January 5th. 2002 we were filmed by a regional tv station which made live shoots of KIDO aid-organization.

November 2000

Fellow-organization Bialystok at Eindhoven
organized a special salesday of which the total amount was donated to Kido for a new transport to Uzhgorod.
All volunteers of Org. Bailystok helped selling goods all day and KIDO wants to thank all of them very much, specially Mrs. Riet Munster, the founder of Bialystok for making our transport possible:-)
And thanx to Marcel Wouda, our dutch Olympic swimmer who was our special guest,....thanx Marcel, it was an honour to have u with us!

• In a nutshell:i loveeeee Ukraine :-)
  • Last visit to Uzhhorod: Dec 2007
  • Intro Updated Jan 30, 2008

• ATLC's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2010 at 10:44 PM

I've enjoyed your page again. Much more info, I think, than last time I read it.

• Mar 16, 2009 at 2:55 PM

thank you so much for the info about Uzhgorod. i will be going there in a month/April 2009 and appreciate the info you've shared. Mary Beth

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2008 at 8:09 AM

...Thanks for your valuable tips and nice pictures! ~ Vic ~ Very interesting

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2008 at 11:46 AM

Nice tips young lady! Birthday greetings from Alaska!

• luckyfluke's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2007 at 9:01 PM

how much were the curtains?

• artyem's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2006 at 2:57 AM

what wonderful photos and tips. Thanks for all the info - I am considering visiting this area and your information is very useful - especially the maps and imges of restaurant bills - I love seeing those!

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2006 at 6:00 AM

So different from the world I live in and grew up in. Thanks for sharing.

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2006 at 12:03 PM

Very nice updates!

• andriy_uz's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2005 at 10:53 PM

our station looks very good now its rebuild

• suvaa003's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2004 at 3:01 AM

great page and good work you are doing

catnl

“live and let live”

Badges & Stats in Uzhhorod

Have you been to Uzhhorod?

Latest Activity in Uzhhorod