"my hometown, Intelligent Community of the Year2011" Top 5 Page for this destination Eindhoven by catnl
Eindhoven Travel Guide: 332 reviews and 976 photos
Eindhoven, Intelligent community of the Year 2011
Iam born in Eindhoven, grow up in Woensel West, Strijp and now i live at Gestel. So are my daughter and son, they both have bought a house near by my home. I live by myself now and my cockatiel Happy
some video of Eindhoven
Iam half Dutch, half Ukrainian , because my father was born at Eindhoven (Strijp) and my mam at Morshin (Striy) Ukraine.
IAt my travelogues i added all kinda pictures and info about family, meetings, and other about Eindhoven as well.
Eindhoven got its stadsrecht from Hertog Hendrik I van Brabant in 1232, with about 170 houses and a castle just outside the area.
The city also had 2 small rivers flowing, De Dommel and De Gender. Eindhoven also became the right to have a weekly market.
Eindhoven had its first horsetram in 1888.
In 1891 Philips starts a lightning factory on the Emmasingel and since then Philips had a big influence on the industry all over the world.
1920 de districts, Gestel, Stratum, Strijp, Tongelre and Woensel became part of Eindhoven and the city grew and grew.
1928 Daf (cars)came in the picture as well.
We have now over 200.000 people and we are the fifht city in the Netherlands.
There are about 1500 buildings on the Monumentslist.
At this url u can click the streetnames and see pictures of those monuments.A great online site about district Strijp (dutch language) with old stories and pictures :
f.i. next article:
For the first time in history on May 31st and June 1, Queen Wilhelmina did a radiospeech for the people East- and West- Indies by telephone.
This was the first long distance call by wireless telephone on such long distance in the world!
This event took place at the Lab of Philips, Kastanjelaan
Lichtjesroute Eindhoven 2004
Ive got a surprise from my daughter and son :-) its a great bike! Ideal for biking downtown and do shopping.
Next upcoming transport to Ukraine in June 2004.and a coworker and i will go in september to organize the distribution.
April.30, 2004 Today i went with Andriy-uz from Uzhgorod downtown to show him everything thats happening on Queensday at the center. We had the most fantastic weather and tonight going back offcourse:-) pictures at the travelogue
Snackbar Smullers at the NS-station in Eindhoven sells the most tastefull and healtiest "Frites"in the Netherlands.
(verkoopt de lekkerste en gezondste frites van Nederland)
art.Eindhovens Dagblad May 14th.2003
VT meeting September 28th.2002.
10 (11 incl.me) VT members came to Eindhoven on Saturday afternoon.
We met at the station and when the group was almost complete we had a drink at Trocadero, a restaurant/cafe across Central Station.
Having a great time in Eindhoven is'nt difficult.
There are over a hundred different kind of restaurants, many, many national and international pubs, theaters, cinemas, a casino, a musiccenter, lots of cultural and music events all year long in- and outdoor, dance and sportclubs.
Some fantastic green areas, statues find out yourself when visiting.
Meeting August 2002 at Eindhoven.
Harry van der Heyden is one of the artists who had an open door to their home/atelier for public, which is this & next weekend.
More pictures on the travelogues
Vikingweek and weekend with Orm, Vikingship
impression of the mini meeting with Danielle(Irisbe)
Latest interesting news about historic excavation in EindhovenVT meeting at Eindhoven was great!
pictures by alain_smeets
pictures by catnl
pictures by Diamonddog
pictures by Kiriel
pictures by Tompt
More & recent personal albums:
Scenery for MS Flightsimulator
- Pros:Its a great city ....if u know where to go
- In a nutshell:I love it here
see pictures, i had lamsrack, delicious with special sauce during summer its just great to have youre dinner outside on... more travel advice
Last week the new shoppingarea "Admirant"was opened, this street is located opposite Piazzacenter and opposite the White... more travel advice
- See All TAC Temporary Art in permanent building
- See All Pension Eindhoven
- See All Marathon 15 annual event at Eindoven Oct...
- See All The Best animal hospital Dierenkliniek...
catnl's Related Pages
Eindhoven Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "my hometown, Intelligent Community of the Year2011"
- "City of Lights"
- "Contemporary City of Sports and Technology"
- "Elbow in Eindhoven"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Eindhoven
- Hotels in Eindhoven
- Transportation in Eindhoven
- Nightlife in Eindhoven
- Restaurants in Eindhoven
- Shopping in Eindhoven
- Warnings and Dangers in Eindhoven
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Eindhoven
- 195 Reviews
- 430 Photos
- 157 Forum posts
- 259 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Eindhoven?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eindhoven
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "reisadvies Oekraine"
- Uploaded a Photo to "medieval banquet & special guest Cook Pim Haakman"
- updated a Eindhoven Travel Page "my hometown, Intelligent Community of the Year2011"
- Wrote a Review Seafood is great in Eindhoven Restaurants
- Commented on one of aspierings's Eindhoven travel pages
- Uploaded a Video to Eindhoven
Videos in EindhovenSee All Videos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eindhoven Intro, 195 reviews, 427 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzhhorod Intro, 79 reviews, 269 photos, 10 travelogues
- Ukraine Intro, 47 reviews, 111 photos, 4 travelogues
- Morshin Intro, 29 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 29 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 22 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Genneper Parken Intro, 8 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 19 reviews, 70 photos, 6 travelogues