"Enkhuizen" Top 5 Page for this destination Enkhuizen by catnl
Enkhuizen Travel Guide: 149 reviews and 480 photos
Enkhuizen dates between 1000-1200 and received city rights in 1355.
Famous due to the herring fishing and trading of the VOC, East and Westindia Company, Enkhuizen has some very beautifull old monumental buildings, 2 churches in Gothic style.
Also this city has the largest port for tradional sailing in the summer.
U can get more info about various trips f.i. for ferryboattrips or walks and bicycletrips at the Touristoffice next to the station.
Lots of hotels and 2 campingsites as well.
a view at the Snouck- van Loosenpark in the midle of the center, wish i could have my home here:-) wow its fantastic to live in this park surrounded by trees and beautifull gardens!
Those great looking cosy homes we saw during our touristic walk with the VVV-guide.
- Pros:for those who love harbours and sailing a must see!
- In a nutshell:fantastic. a must visit city in the Netherlands!
on the picture one of the houses inside de vestingswal"" . more travel advice
catnl's Related Pages
Enkhuizen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Enkhuizen - VOC and three herrings"
- "Enkhuizen and the Zuiderzee museum"
- "Southern Sea centre where VOC met the fishermen"
- "Enkhuizen on a rainy day"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Enkhuizen
- Hotels in Enkhuizen
- Transportation in Enkhuizen
- Restaurants in Enkhuizen
- Shopping in Enkhuizen
- Warnings and Dangers in Enkhuizen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Enkhuizen
- 22 Reviews
- 62 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Enkhuizen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Enkhuizen
Photos in EnkhuizenSee All Photos (62)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eindhoven Intro, 195 reviews, 427 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzhhorod Intro, 79 reviews, 269 photos, 10 travelogues
- Ukraine Intro, 47 reviews, 111 photos, 4 travelogues
- Morshin Intro, 29 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 29 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 22 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Genneper Parken Intro, 8 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 19 reviews, 70 photos, 6 travelogues