Tilburg Nightlife Tips by catnl Top 5 Page for this destination
Tilburg Nightlife: 18 reviews and 13 photos
Tilburg, 013 concerthal
013 Popcentrum Tilburg, I have been here several times for a concert, but never took any pic, so this pic below is taken from the web
In the heart of the city of Tilburg, The Netherlands a prominent building has sprung up. Located on the Veemarktstraat, in the near vicinity of the entertainment district, both the inside and the outside of the complex are of an amazing beauty.
Dress Code: 013 offers something for everybody. The emphasis will be put on confronting and challenging programmes with possibilities for (groups of) people to make a contribution. 013 stands for dynamics and a permanent interaction between audience and (amateur) musicians.
013 appeals to all lovers of popmusic from The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and, in time, the whole of Europe. Quality, public opinion and affordability are of great importance.
013 will grow into a centre in which some 400 activities with an expected amount of 200.000 visitors will be organised each year. The programme will consist of local as well as national and international well known artists and bands.
A broad variety of new sounds, musical veterans, chartbusters, underground bands, local talents, experimental encounters, young musicians, multi-media, festivals and inter-disciplinary cross-overs, you name it. Dance in all it’s shapes and forms, meet and greet in the café, cyberspace and of course loads and loads of music.
At this site you can find all kind of info about any cultural event at Tilburg.
Picture:Foto ANP/Robin Utrecht
FestivaL Mundial , a colourfull cultural event, June 15th.en 16th. 2002.
15th. Year Festival Mundial is one of the largest festivals of worldmusic in the Benelux.
If you want to enjoy relaxed reggae vibes, rolling African rhythms and mesmerizing Brazilian sounds, then you have to come to the last weekend of Festival Mundial.
During this weekend 60 bands from all over the world will perform on different stages at the ‘Leypark’ in Tilburg.
You can enjoy music, dance, theatre, poetry and art. You can shop at the colorfull market, eat exotic food and get informed about issues like sustainable development; human rights; development cooperation etc.
The programming for this weekend is almost finished. Some of the performing artists are:
El Hadj N'Diaye (Senegal), Def Rhymz (NL), Lynn Miles (Canada), Beef (NL), Birgit (NL), Zannaziki (Kenia), Sin Palabras (Cuba) with electro/ trance/ Afro-Cubaanse sounds, BOO (Zuid-Afrika), State of Bengal (India, UK), La Rouge (Suriname/ NL), Tasha’s World (NL), Supergroover (NL), Mad Bomberz (NL), Redrum (NL), Krang & Special guests , winner of the ROC Worldtalentday Why George? (Aruba/ Curacao/Nederland) Super styling Sound & Blakarosoe (Suriname) en IM (NL).
Alpha Blondy from Ivorycoast will close the festival on Sunday.
Other artists are: the cuban group Sierra Maestra, the rising star from Africa Habib Koite & Bamada (Mali), Issa Bagayogo (Mali), Slagerij van Kampen (NL), SêNA & the next generation (NL), Adewale Ayuba (Nigeria), Ghalia Benali & Timnaa (Tunesie/ Belgie), Relax (NL), Together (Nederlandse Antillen), Ramesh Shotham & Madras (India), Minyeshu & guests (Ethiopie), Ammo (Sierra Leone/ Guinnee), Rootless (Eritrea/ Turkije), Ja-quar (Suriname, Indonesie, Molukken, NL), Fontys Big Band (NL) en Ammo (Sierra Leone, Guinnee).
Dress Code: casual, anything
Directions: Festival Mundial
Other Contact: http://www.festivalmundial.nl/en
More Reviews (10)
catnl's Related Pages
Tilburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tilburg - city of the damned?"
- "Tilburg, a vanishing city"
- "Music City"
- "catnl's new Tilburg Page"
- "We visit Tilburg"
- "My New World"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tilburg
- Hotels in Tilburg
- Transportation in Tilburg
- Nightlife in Tilburg
- Restaurants in Tilburg
- Shopping in Tilburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Tilburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tilburg
- 13 Reviews
- 66 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (72)
Have you been to Tilburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tilburg
- Posted in Travel Eindhoven Forum "Re: Need Info Toys"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Gayevent Pink monday Tilburg Fun fair21July 2008"
- updated a Tilburg Travel Page "catnl's new Tilburg Page"
- Uploaded a Video to Tilburg
- Wrote a Review Gayevent Pink monday Tilburg Fun fair21July 2008 in Tilburg Things to Do
- Commented on one of discoverwin's Tilburg travel pages
Photos in TilburgSee All Photos (66)
Videos in TilburgSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eindhoven Intro, 196 reviews, 433 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzhhorod Intro, 79 reviews, 269 photos, 10 travelogues
- Ukraine Intro, 47 reviews, 111 photos, 4 travelogues
- Morshin Intro, 29 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 29 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 22 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Genneper Parken Intro, 8 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 19 reviews, 70 photos, 6 travelogues