"Malgrat de Mar, Catalanya Spain" Top 5 Page for this destination Malgrat de Mar by catnl

Malgrat de Mar Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 56 photos

Beautifull Catalanya in Spain

Great beaches at Malgrat de Mar, i love to walk barefoot in the sand and now and then in the water.

Malgrat, city at the Costa Brava

I have been to Malgrat September 2002 and i loved it.
It was my first trip ever to Spain.
My friend Joze and i went by bus from Eindhoven to Malgrat.
Joze goes to Spain every year to another city and she asked me to come with her this time which i don't regret at all:-)
We left on monday-afternoon around 12 and arrived at Tuesday at 7 in the morning uffffffff......a long way.

Service on the bus was good, the chairs were ok , but i rather travel by train or plane i must admit.
We had some stops on the way.
We crossed the borders of Belgium, Luxembourg, France and Spain.

Hotel Sorra Daurada is the hotel we booked, including breakfasts, lunches and dinners.
More pictures at my travelogues.

Malgrath del Mar is a beautifull city at the Costa Brava where u can make long beach walks or go shopping in the many shops on the Boulevards. Lots of cafes to have a drink and a good start to see more in Spain.

• Pros:Warm and sunny and ocean and mountains!
  • In a nutshell:a must see country, i loved it
  • Last visit to Malgrat de Mar: Sep 2002
  • Intro Updated Jun 5, 2005

• May 31, 2010 at 4:46 AM

hi please can you tell me where the markets are, im staying at the sorra dor hotel from thursday, would be nice to know... louise

• Pauldelabar's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2005 at 12:38 AM

I was in Malgrat in the70'S and stayed at the Sorra Daurada. Thing seem to have changed a lot since I was in Malgrat. BTW, the tram we have in Nerja on the Costa del Sol, we call the 'Wally Trolly' Great pages. Paul.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2003 at 12:59 AM

Great tips and pictures! The walks on the beach sounds wonderful!

catnl

“live and let live”

Badges & Stats in Malgrat de Mar

Have you been to Malgrat de Mar?