Netherlands Favorite Tips by catnl
Netherlands Favorites: 436 reviews and 404 photos
Sheeps in the Netherlands
Favorite thing: De Waddeneilanden, 5 islands in the Waddensea between the north of Holland and Denmark.
I have been to Texel some years ago, wonderfull beautifull islands, u can go there from Den Helder to Koog by boat. Texel is famous for its sheeps of which blankets are made as well as "dekbedden"..and pillows.
The other islands are Vlieland, Terschelling, Ameland and Schiermonnikoog.
more pictures and info on my Texel travelogue:
Fondest memory: http://www.vvv-wadden.nl/engels/wadden.htm
Amsterdam market 2001
Favorite thing: Some usefull url's when u want to stay a while in the Netherlands for what ever reason
Working in Europe:
work in europe
rooms/appartments for rent"
Its in Dutch language, click on "woonruimte aanbod"
Guiness beer in the Netherlands
Favorite thing: The freedom to do or say what ever you like, smoke drink or blow a joint.
Most people are very friendly and speak english.
So whenever you wanna visit holland please get in contact with me and i will help you in anyway i can. youre always welcome at my home and drink the real good dutch beer:-)
Favorite thing: Dutch National Soup-Dutch Peasoup.
We like to eat this soup in all months with the 'R' , Septembre till April when its getting colder outside.
In dutch called 'Erwtensoep' or 'Snert'.
Recipe for this soup made by me:
5oogr. split green peas
Wash the peas, soak them for 12 hours in a big pan with 5/8 water(unless you use quick cooking peas, i like to soak the peas).
Together with the same water and peas i put 1 kg. of non fat meat, a pigs foot, salt and pepper and 2 'stock-meat'cubes (bouillonblokken).
I heat everything to boilingpoint, take out the fat and then I boil gently for at least 1,5 to 2,5 hours.
Meanwhile i cut:
1 'wintercarrot' in small pieces
some celery-leaves (chopped)
1 knob-celery(into squares)
2 leeks (chopped)
2 patotoes (into squares)
a little 'Sambal Oelek'
a little 'Ketjap Manis'
All this ingredients i put into the soup for about 10 minutes and heat to boilingpoint again and then i let it boil gently again.
After that i put in a special smoked saucage (sliced) and let if boil gently another 10 min.
Ready! You can serve this soup alone at lunch or at dinner with some pancakes.
Or the real dutch way to eat this soup : together with some really darkbread 'roggebrood' with slices of bacon (and mustard)on it.
Samkelijk eten! Bon Appetit.
Fondest memory: I havent made a picture of this soup yet so i borrowed this pic.from the net
PSV Mascotte Foxy and I in our museum 2004
Favorite thing: This should be printed in red...PSV!
Dont need to tell you more, the best national soccerteam oh Holland:-))))
Fondest memory: A complete guidance through the Philips Stadion takes about 1,5 hour of your time, to be seen are the pressroom, playershome, dresssingrooms of the A-players and the tribunes.
children uptill 12 jaar : h.fl 15,00 p.p.
Adults : 17,50 p.p.,
a drink and a PSV souvenir included
Reservation needed: tel.nr. +31-40-2505505 or at the reception of the Philips Stadion, entrance 8 Frederiklaan, Eindhoven.
More Reviews (47)
- See All Theme park Sprookjesbos Valkenburg
- See All Trainsplanner
- Taxfree area at Schiphol
- See All Tandembikes in the Netherlands
- See All Recipe: Dutch National Peasoup
catnl's Related Pages
Netherlands Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A PRACTICAL AND PECULIAR GUIDE TO THE NETHERLANDS!"
- "A Great Place to Live In"
- "the Netherlands - my country on my way"
- "Margaret's Page"
- "Travelling around Holland"
- "Small Country, Big Variety"
- "BICYCLES RULES!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Netherlands
- Hotels in Netherlands
- Transportation in Netherlands
- Nightlife in Netherlands
- Restaurants in Netherlands
- Shopping in Netherlands
- Warnings and Dangers in Netherlands
- See All...
Explore the World
- Gstaad Hotels
- Knowsley Hotels
- Rabanal del Camino Hotels
- Waiohinu Hotels
Badges & Stats in Netherlands
- 571 Reviews
- 2,073 Photos
- 462 Forum posts
- 57 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Netherlands?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Netherlands
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: tori spelling broke"
- Uploaded a Photo to "De Efteling, a fairytale park..."
- Wrote a Review Theme park Sprookjesbos Valkenburg in Netherlands Things to Do
- updated a Netherlands Travel Page "Welcome to my homeland, the Netherlands"
- Commented on one of lekkerding_1's Netherlands travel pages
Videos in NetherlandsSee All Videos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eindhoven Intro, 195 reviews, 427 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzhhorod Intro, 79 reviews, 269 photos, 10 travelogues
- Ukraine Intro, 47 reviews, 111 photos, 4 travelogues
- Morshin Intro, 29 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 29 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 22 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Genneper Parken Intro, 8 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 19 reviews, 70 photos, 6 travelogues
Top Netherlands hotels
- Amsterdam Hotels
- 10131 Reviews - 21205 Photos
- Leiden Hotels
- 611 Reviews - 1423 Photos
- Valkenburg Hotels
- 240 Reviews - 537 Photos
- Maastricht Hotels
- 1266 Reviews - 3255 Photos
- Utrecht Hotels
- 632 Reviews - 1496 Photos
- Rotterdam Hotels
- 1423 Reviews - 3803 Photos
- The Hague Hotels
- 1244 Reviews - 2876 Photos
- Breda Hotels
- 437 Reviews - 1131 Photos
- Groningen Hotels
- 433 Reviews - 1074 Photos
- Noordwijk aan Zee Hotels
- 78 Reviews - 217 Photos
- Eindhoven Hotels
- 330 Reviews - 972 Photos
- Putten Hotels
- 5 Hotels
- Amersfoort Hotels
- 175 Reviews - 332 Photos
- Arnhem Hotels
- 380 Reviews - 1180 Photos
- Apeldoorn Hotels
- 248 Reviews - 1031 Photos