"Historic city at the lake shore" Ohrid by Roggeveen
Ohrid Travel Guide: 893 reviews and 2,956 photos
Ohrid is a wonderful old city with a lot of old Christian orthodox churches and the impressive old Citadel. In the old part of town there are almost no new buildings, so you can get a really good picture of what Ohrid must have looked like in history.
More pictures at: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150267885252292.378395.530332291&l=593a717cc4
Ohrid also has another face; one of a relaxed tourist spot at the lakeside. The hotels and restaurants are quite modern and on the long boulevard people like to walk and watch each other. There is a lot to do on the lake and in the surounding area; fishing, sailing, canoeing, swimming, hiking and biking. It's also a relative cheap destination.
- Pros:historic city, relatively cheap
- Cons:a bit loud on saturday nights
- In a nutshell:A mix of culture and fun at the lakeside
The guides in the churches give there own interpretation to the building. It's nice to meet so much enthousiasm. more travel advice
When there is a marriage at the Plaosnik Church it's possible to peek inside the church. Beautiful songs and a... more travel advice
Roggeveen's Related Pages
Ohrid Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ohridskoto Ezero"
- "Ohrid - City of centuries"
- "OHRID - MACEDONIA'S RIVIERA"
- "Ohrid – Treasury of Religious Art"
- "Sveti Jovan Kaneo - "Before the Rain""
- "SECOND OFFICIAL VT DINNER IN OHRID"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ohrid
- Hotels in Ohrid
- Transportation in Ohrid
- Nightlife in Ohrid
- Restaurants in Ohrid
- Shopping in Ohrid
- Warnings and Dangers in Ohrid
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ohrid
- 4 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Ohrid?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ohrid
- Posted in Travel Utrecht Forum "Re: Court Hotel City Centre review"
- updated a Ohrid Travel Page "Historic city at the lake shore"
- Wrote a Review So many old Christian Orthodox Churches about other churches & monasteries in Ohrid Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "So many old Christian Orthodox Churches"
Photos in OhridSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Nieuwegein Intro, 18 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 11 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kathmandu Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Keukenhof Intro, 11 reviews, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 14 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Stockholm Intro, 9 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 8 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Utrecht Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portugal Intro, 13 reviews, 19 photos, 3 travelogues