"Colourful crowd" Kathmandu by Roggeveen
Kathmandu Travel Guide: 909 reviews and 2,267 photos
The centre of Kathmandu, Durbar Square is a UN cultural heritage site. At daytime it's crowded with tourists. At night you'll find the space to take a picture like this.
Budhism is one of the two dominant religions in Kathmandu, next to Hinduism. It's actually a way of live which is in harmony with nature. At Monkey temple, the monkeys can go wherever they want. But also in other places you'll find respect for animals.
(For more pictures, visit the travelogue.)
In Kathmandu you'll have enough opportunities to do some interesting shopping.
Of course there are the craftsmen who make woodcarvings, masks, and different linnenworks.
But also modern shops with equipment for a trekking and a lot of local food.
The most popular area for tourists is Thamel
- Pros:Colours and crowd
- Cons:polution and busy trafic
- In a nutshell:A very nice and crazy place
There is a lot of respect for animals. Certainly in the Budhist tradition. But the Hindu's also beleive in holy animals.... more travel advice
If you walk around with your camera these people friendly wave at you. Once you have teken a picture you wont 't leave... more travel advice
Roggeveen's Related Pages
Kathmandu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kathmandu The Ancient City - Dream Destination."
- "Kathmandu (Kantipur) - a royal capital.....still"
- "Mountain Air & Himalayan Culture"
- "Kathmandu, revisited"
- "The himalayan country"
- "Nepal´s Capital."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kathmandu
- Hotels in Kathmandu
- Transportation in Kathmandu
- Nightlife in Kathmandu
- Restaurants in Kathmandu
- Shopping in Kathmandu
- Warnings and Dangers in Kathmandu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kathmandu
- 16 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Kathmandu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kathmandu
Top 10 Pages
- Nieuwegein Intro, 18 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 11 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kathmandu Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Keukenhof Intro, 11 reviews, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 14 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Stockholm Intro, 9 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 8 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Utrecht Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portugal Intro, 13 reviews, 19 photos, 3 travelogues