"Royal Chitwan National Park" Royal Chitwan by Roggeveen
Royal Chitwan Travel Guide: 115 reviews and 430 photos
This part of Nepal is so diferent from the area around Kathmandu. It's the difference between a high altitude city and the moist warm jungle.
But from the jungle you can easily see the high mountains with snowtops which looks so close.
Most people who live in and around Chitwan National Park are working in agriculture. There are many small sized farms where work is done the old-fashioned-way. Oxes in front of a plough and hard labour on the land. In november the weed is harvested and you'll find men and women working hard to proces the crops.
Another important source of income for this area is tourism. Since the Maoist rebellions are more active a lot of tourists stay away. The visiting figures of park are declining for several years.
Ths income from tourist is one of the reasons that local population support the consevation of the park. In some areas living, argiculture and hunting are forbidden.
- Pros:Beautiful natural place, friendly people
- Cons:Maoist rebellions
It's also possible to walk through the park, guided by a ranger. This man knows exactly what to do when a tiger is... more travel advice
Roggeveen's Related Pages
Royal Chitwan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chitwan - Nepal's premier jungle area"
- "A nice and peaceful place"
- "Royal Chitwan National Park"
- "Chitwan National Park."
- "Into the Jungle"
- "What I Have Seen in Chitwan National Park"
- "My first jungle experience"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Royal Chitwan
- Hotels in Royal Chitwan
- Transportation in Royal Chitwan
- Nightlife in Royal Chitwan
- Restaurants in Royal Chitwan
- Shopping in Royal Chitwan
- Warnings and Dangers in Royal Chitwan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Royal Chitwan
- 4 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Royal Chitwan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Royal Chitwan
Photos in Royal ChitwanSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Nieuwegein Intro, 18 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 11 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kathmandu Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Keukenhof Intro, 11 reviews, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 14 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Stockholm Intro, 9 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 8 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Utrecht Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portugal Intro, 13 reviews, 19 photos, 3 travelogues