"Roggeveen's discoveries" Roggeveen's Profile
Welcome on my VT-pages.
Home is nice
After each trip, I am happy to return home. Holland is a safe haven. Not only physically, but also socially. And Holland has a lot of diversity; nice cities (Amsterdam is my favourite), beautiful rural and natural areas and of course, the sea.
. . .I love 2 live here.
Travel is spice
Traveling is exciting; meet new people, experience other cultures, taste new tastes, and see the beatiful places of the world. And, of course meet other VT-ers.
. . .and I love 2 leave
(name of the man who discovered the Easter Islands)
Traveling made me very aware of the beautiful things at home. Some things you accept as common. Only when you leave, you find out that they are realy special. These are the things that make you long for home.
For me, living in The Netherlands, I have some places that are very dear to me:
1. The city of Amsterdam.
This city has a lot of energy and inspires many people to do something special with their lives. It's also a city with a rich history. In short; a city of many stories.
2. The beaches
On the beach I can find peace of mind after a busy period. The sand, the wind ,the sun and the sea; what's special about it? It's difficult to say it in words. You'll better experience it. (see also my photo's on this page)
The tulip season is over again. But you can still enjoy some of the pics on my Keukenhof page. This picture was taken in my own garden, just with a piece of white paper as background.
Personal Pages (2)
Written Nov 23, 2005
The Dutch beach
Written Dec 23, 2007
Christmas gift by mother nature
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 186 Reviews
- 601 Photos
- 18 Countries
- 16 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- Posted in Travel Arnhem Forum "Re: Guided tour in Arnhem"
- Commented on MalenaN's profile page
- created a Amsterdam Travelogue "Queens day 2013"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Queens day 2013"
- Wrote a Review Take a canal boat tour about Canals in Utrecht Things to Do
- Roggeveen and Parisforless are now friends.
- Uploaded a Video to Utrecht
created their Personal Page "Christmas gift by mother nature"
VideosSee All Videos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Nieuwegein Intro, 18 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 11 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kathmandu Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Keukenhof Intro, 11 reviews, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 14 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Stockholm Intro, 9 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 8 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Utrecht Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portugal Intro, 13 reviews, 19 photos, 3 travelogues
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos