"The Rugged End of the Outer Hebrides" Tarbert by Orchid
Tarbert Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 15 photos
Travelled down from Stornoway by bus, through the drizzling rain, past Loch Seaforth (arise Sir Neddy of the Seaforth Highlanders!) to Tarbert, major burg of Harris and the ferry port back to Skye.
Found a B&B in the town and met the gaelic speaking cat.
The hills around were steep, but the sheep still clung on. There were many pleasant walks around the town, not least the road south. The morning after I arrived, i shouldered my daypack and headed along the road south toward Rodel, on the extreme southern tip of Harris.
I was lucky enough to hitch a ride with a whisky salesman to Rodel. We passed this georgeous beach halfway along the coast. Surely all the beachcombers of the world would head for Scotland if only the weather was a little more clement.
Orchid's Related Pages
Tarbert Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Rugged End of the Outer Hebrides"
- "TOP OF THE ISLAND"
- "Tarbert - West Scotland"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Tarbert
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Tarbert?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tarbert
Photos in TarbertSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- P'yongyang Intro, 18 reviews, 70 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos
- Toronto Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos
- Esfahan Intro, 10 reviews, 33 photos
- Uyuni Intro, 1 review, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Victoria Falls Intro, 6 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos
- Arequipa Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos
- Suceava Intro, 2 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Andasibe Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos