"Welcome to Nothing" Uyuni by Orchid
Uyuni Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 47 photos
Uyuni is a grid of streets on the edge of the great Salar de Uyuni. A wide, blistering desert of salt 3600m high in the Bolivian Altiplano.
If you arrive by bus in the morning, the streets are cold, and there is nothing much do do until your tour departs.
We had arranged everything with Fremen tours before arrival,planning to depart at 10am so when the bus had arrived at 7am, and we'd had breakfast, there was time for a quick turn around the town. Walk briskly. Keep warm. First, the railway station. Hmm no trains today....
Perhaps the cinema. Nope, nothing showing just now. Perhaps its has gone with the wind.
In case you were wondering where that guy who protests against nuclear energy got to....
- Pros:Close to the Salar
- Cons:So cold
Written Mar 15, 2013
Across the Altiplano - Uyuni to Chile (Pt 1 Tahua)
Written Mar 23, 2013
Across the Altiplano - Uyuni to Chile (Pt 2)
Written Apr 1, 2013
Across the Altiplano - Uyuni to Chile (Pt3)
Written May 5, 2013
Across the Altiplano - Uyuni to Chile (Pt 4)
Orchid's Related Pages
Uyuni Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Uyuni
- Hotels in Uyuni
- Transportation in Uyuni
- Restaurants in Uyuni
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Uyuni
- 1 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Uyuni?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Uyuni
- Posted in Travel South Korea Forum "Re: Which is the best DMZ tour..."
- created a Uyuni Travelogue "Across the Altiplano - Uyuni to Chile (Pt 4)"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Across the Altiplano - Uyuni to Chile (Pt 4)"
- Commented on one of Orchid's Uyuni travel pages
- Wrote a Review Fly on a DC3 from Cochabamba in Uyuni Transportation
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination P'yongyang Intro, 18 reviews, 70 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 20 reviews, 47 photos
- Toronto Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos
- Esfahan Intro, 10 reviews, 33 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 8 reviews, 30 photos
- Uyuni Intro, 1 review, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Victoria Falls Intro, 6 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos
- Arequipa Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos
- Yudanaka Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos