Halle Hotel Tips by ettiewyn Top 5 Page for this destination
Halle Hotels: 116 reviews and 11 photos
Campground "Am Friedrichsbad"
We stayed at this campground because both my dad and me wanted to spend as little money as possible on the accomodation. To be honest, had I known about the conditions, I would not have agreed.
The "Friedrichsbad" is located outside Halle in the village of Zwintschöna in the town of Kabelsketal, but to the city of Halle it is only about 15 minutes drive. The village is very sleepy and we did not spend any time there, but headed directly to Halle everyday.
The campground itself is quite nice, as it is situated at a lake and you can set up your tent or caravan under big, beautiful trees. However, the sanitary facilities are very bad. There is only one small room where you can wash yourself, it is not lockable, and it only has cold water. Also, the facilities are used by all the day guests who come swimming at the lake, so it is quite dirty and not very private.
I did not test the showers because honestly I did not feel like taking a shower in such an environment!
We were not allowed to park our car next to our tent, although there was lots of space and we would not have harmed anyone. One of the owners was very friendly, the other one not so!
Another problem is that it is quite loud. Many people came to spend the weekend at the lake, and they were drinking and listening to music half of the night. In addition, a very loud train is passing every half hour or so, and there is a disco nearby, so we had to hear the beats all night long! Thanks for the invention of earplugs!!!
In general, the campground is very basic. It was ok for a few days, but I would not like to stay longer. As I said, it does look very nice and it is nice to be at a lake. I liked that it was so very green, but that was about it. There is a reason why this campground is not in the ADAC guide!
Unique Qualities: * Very cheap
* camp almost directly at a lake
* very near to the city of Halle
* very green, nice big trees
Address: Naturbad Friedrichsbad Zwintschöna, 06148 Kabelsketal
Comparison: least expensive
Directions: In the southeast of Halle
Phone: 0345 5801087
Price: less than US$20
More Reviews (22)
ettiewyn's Related Pages
Halle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Händel, Donizetti and the Beatles"
- "Halle - city of the five towers"
- "Halle an der Saale"
- "Changing every day"
- "Halle an der Saale"
- "The World I Live In"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Halle
- Hotels in Halle
- Transportation in Halle
- Nightlife in Halle
- Restaurants in Halle
- Shopping in Halle
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Halle
- 23 Reviews
- 62 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Halle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Halle
Photos in HalleSee All Photos (62)
Read real reviews about Halle Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination York Intro, 94 reviews, 414 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milan Intro, 54 reviews, 251 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 62 reviews, 191 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manchester Intro, 32 reviews, 112 photos, 2 travelogues
- Isola Bella Intro, 22 reviews, 99 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dorchester Intro, 29 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bournemouth Intro, 24 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halle Intro, 23 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lugano Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Heidelberg Intro, 21 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue