"Langeneichstädt - home of prehistoric sights" Langeneichstädt by ettiewyn
Langeneichstädt Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 12 photos
Langeneichstädt is only a small town and not visited by many people, but there are two interesting prehistoric sights that you can visit for free: A dolmen grave and a menhir called the dolmen goddess. There is also a medieval watch tower closeby.
Langeneichstädt is also a part of the "Sky Paths" (Himmelswege), a route developed for tourists that takes you along four prehistoric sights connected to the sky and heaven. Other sights of this are Nebra, Goseck and Halle. In these places you can see a sun observatory, the Nebra Sky Disc in the Musum of Prehistory and the place where the Sky Disc was found.
- Pros:Very interesting sights for free!
- Cons:You are done with this quite fast
- In a nutshell:It's well worth stopping here!
This dolmen grave is about 5500 years old and quite big: It is 5.3m long, 1.9m wide and 1,7m high. What you can visit is... more travel advice
ettiewyn's Related Pages
Langeneichstädt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Langeneichstädt - home of prehistoric sights"
- Create a Langeneichstädt Travel Page
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Langeneichstädt
- 3 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Langeneichstädt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Langeneichstädt
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination York Intro, 94 reviews, 414 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 76 reviews, 254 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milan Intro, 54 reviews, 251 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 62 reviews, 191 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 47 reviews, 147 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manchester Intro, 32 reviews, 112 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bad Hersfeld Intro, 31 reviews, 101 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 25 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Isola Bella Intro, 22 reviews, 99 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dorchester Intro, 29 reviews, 74 photos