"Oberhausen - Gasometer and more" Top 5 Page for this destination Oberhausen by ettiewyn

Oberhausen Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 179 photos

I like the city of Oberhausen! I have been here several times to attend concerts, and also to visit exhibitions in the gasometer (see Things To Do tip). Oberhausen is located in the Ruhr area, and thus very close to Duisburg, Essen and Dortmund, but also not far from Cologne and Düsseldorf. The city has 214,000 inhabitants.

Update April 2012: No new tips, I just moved the whole page to its proper location. I just discovered that it was previously located on an obscure little village in the Eifel! I had never heard about it before! So now everything is located at the proper VT location, in the Ruhrgebiet.

Like most other cities of the Ruhr Area it has been an industry town and grew because of its iron and steel works, but most of them are closed now. It is becoming an attractive city now, with new shopping malls, art centers and renovations all over.

• Last visit to Oberhausen: Jul 2011
  • Intro Updated Apr 29, 2012

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Thank you Mirjam for bringing back memory about this city and its wonderful Gasometer, haha!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2011 at 9:01 AM

Mirjam, lovely little page about Oberhausen. I haven't heard about the Modellbahnwelt Oberhausen, which you haven't visted yet.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2011 at 9:43 AM

Interesting tips, especially the one on the Gasometer. I've never been to Oberhausen, though I very much enjoyed my visits to Essen and Gelsenkirchen.

ettiewyn Visits Here Frequently!

ettiewyn

“Happy as a frog on a tap :-)”

Badges & Stats in Oberhausen

Have you been to Oberhausen?

Latest Activity in Oberhausen