"Fossil Hunting in Kimmeridge" Kimmeridge by ettiewyn

Kimmeridge Travel Guide: 46 reviews and 90 photos

I had planned to go fossil hunting in Lyme Regis, but had a chance a few days earlier when we stopped in Kimmeridge during a guided tour to the Jurassic Coast. I tried my luck and was quite successful - but more about that in my tips :-)

We did not visit the village of Kimmeridge, but only Kimmeridge Bay. I had never heard about this place before (I had booked the tour because of a few other places that were on the itinerary), and was happy to see that it was such a lovely place. The blue sea, the pebble beach, and some lovely cliffs and green fields close by... It was very idyllic. There were also many surfers who stayed here in vans, which added some kind of hippie feel to the place.

If you are in the area and want to find some fossils, Kimmeridge is certainly worth a visit!

• Pros:A lovely spot, and it is really possible to find many fossils here!
  • Cons:Not good if you have walking difficulties, due to the rocks and pebbles
  • In a nutshell:I am happy I came here and brought back some nice fossils :-)
  • Last visit to Kimmeridge: Mar 2012
  • Intro Updated May 28, 2012

• CDM7's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Thanks for visiting my Kimmeridge page!It is a special place for me as we enjoy the swimming there.So pleased you managed to find fossils .

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2012 at 3:34 AM

Another nice page here!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Fabulous little page about your fossil hunting adventures. *winkygrin*

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Lovely little page, Mirjam. I have never heard of Kimmeridge but I have been fossil hunting at Lyme Regis. I had limited success though, especially compared to you! :D

ettiewyn

“Happy as a frog on a tap :-)”

Badges & Stats in Kimmeridge

Have you been to Kimmeridge?

Photos in Kimmeridge