"Llandaff - Cardiff's Cathedral Village" Llandaff by ettiewyn
Llandaff Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 71 photos
Llandaff is a small village close to Cardiff that is famous for its beautiful cathedral. In fact, it now belongs to the city of Cardiff, but I decided to write a separate page about it because it felt like a different world when I went there. It was like a village out of a story: The big cathedral close to the river, small pretty houses gathering around the cathedral green, a ruined palace, and an old stone cross in the centre of the village. It was so calm and I felt like being very far away from the busy capital.
It is very easy to get to Llandaff: Either walk through Bute Park, or take the bus. If you can spare the time to come here, it certainly is worth a visit, not only to see the magnificent cathedral, but also to have a stroll through the pretty village and see some of the other interesting historical sights.
- Pros:A great cathedral and pleasant village, only a short way from the city centre
- In a nutshell:Worth the short journey!
Llandaff Cathedral dominates the village, but it is in fact located a little beneath it, in a hollow by the river. I... more travel advice
The Bishop's Palace is only a ruin, but it is still an interesting place. It was built in the 13th century consisting of... more travel advice
ettiewyn's Related Pages
Llandaff Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lovely Llandaff"
- "Nice part of Cardiff"
- "Llandaff - Cardiff's Cathedral Village"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Carlsbad Hotels
- Province of Cebu
- Johnson Shut-Ins State Park Hotels
- Nuevo Progreso
- Sant'Agata Bolognese
- Port Elizabeth
- Vega Baja Hotels
- Ambu Island Hotels
- Shropshire Hotels
- Oneida Lake Beach East Hotels
- San Felíu de Guixols
Badges & Stats in Llandaff
- 7 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Llandaff?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Llandaff
Photos in LlandaffSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination York Intro, 94 reviews, 414 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 76 reviews, 254 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milan Intro, 54 reviews, 251 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 62 reviews, 191 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 47 reviews, 147 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manchester Intro, 32 reviews, 112 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bad Hersfeld Intro, 31 reviews, 101 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 25 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Isola Bella Intro, 22 reviews, 99 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dorchester Intro, 29 reviews, 74 photos