"A short visit to Penarth" Top 5 Page for this destination Penarth by ettiewyn
Penarth Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 132 photos
Penarth is a seaside town close to Cardiff. In the Victorian age it was a very fashionable destination, and many splendid old buildings still tell today's visitors about these times. It belongs to the Vale of Glamorgan and is located at the southern side of Cardiff Bay.
The sea defines the town very much, as on one side it is bordered by the beach and esplanade and on the other hand by Cardiff Bay, with a new and modern marina. Another very interesting place I visited was St Augustine Church, on a high hill between the sea and the bay, the highest point in the area.
My visit to Penarth was only a very short one - I had spent the day at Cardiff Bay and in the late afternoon walked over the Barrage to get to Penarth. The sun was already about to set, and I did not have much time, so I only visited a few places and left the rest for a later visit. If you would like to read more about the sights of Penarth, please visit the excellent pages by other VT members who know the town much better than I do.
Still, I enjoyed my short visit very much and also met several friendly locals because I did not have a map and needed to ask for the way all the time :-) I certainly liked the town and am looking forward to exploring more of it one day.
- Pros:Located by the sea, great church, very friendly locals
- Cons:So hilly!
- In a nutshell:I did not see enough of it and need to return!
The beach is of course the main attraction of this seaside resort town. I was surprised to see that it was a pebbled... more travel advice
When I arrived in Penarth, I first saw this interesting historical building that has been converted into two... more travel advice
ettiewyn's Related Pages
Penarth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A short visit to Penarth"
- "Penarth - a bit of traditional seaside"
- "Picturesque Penarth"
- "A quick visit..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Penarth
- Transportation in Penarth
- Nightlife in Penarth
- Restaurants in Penarth
- Warnings and Dangers in Penarth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Penarth
- 9 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Penarth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Penarth
Photos in PenarthSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination York Intro, 94 reviews, 414 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milan Intro, 54 reviews, 251 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 62 reviews, 191 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manchester Intro, 32 reviews, 112 photos, 2 travelogues
- Isola Bella Intro, 22 reviews, 99 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dorchester Intro, 29 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bournemouth Intro, 24 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lugano Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zülpich Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Duisburg Intro, 11 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues