"The Beach in Studland" Studland by ettiewyn

Studland Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 93 photos

The second stop on our Jurassic Coast Tour was on the beach in Studland, where we spent about twenty minutes. It was not nearly enough to really experience Studland, but I got a good impression of this wonderful area and am sure that it is worth exploring more!

Studland Beach and Nature Reserve is managed by the National Trust. It is located on the Isle of Purbeck (which is not an island!) and easily accessible from Bournemouth and Poole by a ferry across Poole Harbour. The nature reserve is an area of heathland and dunes, with a wonderful, white beach that is five miles long. It is the second largest area of dune heathland in the UK, and very special because of its wildlife, for example its reptiles and birds. There is a freshwater area called Little Sea which is home to more than three thousand birds during the winter - this must be a heaven for bird watchers.

I am happy we did this small stop - although it was only short, I enjoyed the beach very much. The area was so different to everything I had seen in the UK so far!

For more information, please visit the National Trust page about Studland: http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/studland/

• Pros:A beautiful beach, wildlife, nature
  • Cons:It is a pity that I could not go on a walk and explore more
  • In a nutshell:I did not nearly spend enough time there, but what I saw was great :-)
  • Last visit to Studland: Mar 2012
  • Intro Updated May 28, 2012

ettiewyn

“Happy as a frog on a tap :-)”

Badges & Stats in Studland

Have you been to Studland?

Latest Activity in Studland