"The Beach in Studland" Studland by ettiewyn
Studland Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 80 photos
The second stop on our Jurassic Coast Tour was on the beach in Studland, where we spent about twenty minutes. It was not nearly enough to really experience Studland, but I got a good impression of this wonderful area and am sure that it is worth exploring more!
Studland Beach and Nature Reserve is managed by the National Trust. It is located on the Isle of Purbeck (which is not an island!) and easily accessible from Bournemouth and Poole by a ferry across Poole Harbour. The nature reserve is an area of heathland and dunes, with a wonderful, white beach that is five miles long. It is the second largest area of dune heathland in the UK, and very special because of its wildlife, for example its reptiles and birds. There is a freshwater area called Little Sea which is home to more than three thousand birds during the winter - this must be a heaven for bird watchers.
I am happy we did this small stop - although it was only short, I enjoyed the beach very much. The area was so different to everything I had seen in the UK so far!
For more information, please visit the National Trust page about Studland: http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/studland/
- Pros:A beautiful beach, wildlife, nature
- Cons:It is a pity that I could not go on a walk and explore more
- In a nutshell:I did not nearly spend enough time there, but what I saw was great :-)
Studland Beach is formed of different sections, namely Shell Bay, Knoll Beach, Middle Beach and South Beach. The stretch... more travel advice
From the beach in Studland, you can see Old Harry Rocks, two big chalk stacks that you can see from almost every point... more travel advice
ettiewyn's Related Pages
Studland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Is this really England?"
- "The Beach in Studland"
- "Last trip in England"
- "Studland beach and Fort Henry."
- "We'll be back in better weather Studland!"
- "Deer Hollow"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Studland
- Hotels in Studland
- Transportation in Studland
- Restaurants in Studland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Studland
- 4 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Studland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Studland
Photos in StudlandSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination York Intro, 94 reviews, 414 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milan Intro, 54 reviews, 251 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 62 reviews, 191 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manchester Intro, 32 reviews, 112 photos, 2 travelogues
- Isola Bella Intro, 22 reviews, 99 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dorchester Intro, 29 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bournemouth Intro, 24 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halle Intro, 23 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lugano Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Heidelberg Intro, 21 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue