Dallas Things to Do Tips by EdwinWatson
Dallas Things to Do: 456 reviews and 722 photos
Unless you are a hardcore conspiracy theorist, this is a quick yet essential side trip that can bee accomplished in about an hour or so. Do a quick drive through Dealy Plaza, and notice the X painted on the road which marks the location of the car at the time of the assasination and take a peek at the "Grassy Knoll." Find a garage or a lot to park in and do a quick run through the museum. The guides in the museum are open, funny, and don't shirk discussions about conspiracy.
If you want to make it a JFK day, you can then head over to Campisi's Egyptian Lounge (an Italian Restaurant regardless of the name) off Mockingbird Lane and Greenville Ave, where Jack Ruby was a regular customer. The owner, Joe Campisi, was also the first person to visit Ruby after he was arrested. Joe later testified before the Warren Commission due to his relationship with Ruby. The restaurant is still family owned and, heck, you might even run into Amber, Joe's grand daughter, and former Playboy centerfold who still works there occassionally.
Address: Downtown Dallas
Directions: Dealy Plaza - Downtown Dallas
Lower Greenville - Just NorthEast of Downtown.
More Reviews (4)
Dallas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Dallas"
- "Dallas,Texas--Big, Bold and Friendly!!"
- "1997 Convention to 2006 Frisco grandchildren visit"
- "Goin' through the Big D and I mean Dallas!"
- "Dallas Texas"
- "Sweetberry's Dallas Page"
- "btex's Dallas Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dallas
- Hotels in Dallas
- Transportation in Dallas
- Nightlife in Dallas
- Restaurants in Dallas
- Shopping in Dallas
- Warnings and Dangers in Dallas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dallas
- 5 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Dallas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dallas
No friends yet.
- Reunion Tower- 17 Reviews, 25 Photos
- World Aquarium- 12 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Dealey Plaza Dedication- 60 Reviews, 64 Photos
- Southfork Ranch- 11 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Pioneer Plaza- 17 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Fair Park- 41 Reviews, 78 Photos
- Botanical Garden- 14 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Downtown- 27 Reviews, 47 Photos
- Nasher Sculpture Center- 16 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Teddy Bear Park- 5 Reviews, 5 Photos
See All Dallas Things to Do