"CAGSAWA CHURCH" Daraga by judayandryan
Daraga Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 97 photos
In Daraga, Albay is the famous Cagsawa Ruins, probably the most photographed location in Albay. On February 1, 1814, Mayon Volcano erupted and buried the town of Cagsawa in lava flows. About 1,200 people perished and many of them sought refuge in the town’s church, thinking they would be saved. Now all that remains is the church’s bell tower, the area around which is now developed into a popular tourist spot.
But we are unlucky to view the Bulkan Mayon because it is cover with thick clouds when we are taking this picture..
judayandryan's Related Pages
Daraga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Daragang Magayon?"
- "CAGSAWA CHURCH"
- "Going Gaga In Daraga"
- "Revisiting my Birthplace!"
- "Albay Vacation"
- "Mt Mayon"
- "The Beautiful Lady"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Daraga
- Hotels in Daraga
- Transportation in Daraga
- Restaurants in Daraga
- Shopping in Daraga
- Warnings and Dangers in Daraga
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Daraga
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Daraga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Daraga
Top 10 Pages
- El Nido Intro, 5 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bantayan Island Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos
- Province of Camiguin Intro, 2 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Puerto Princesa Intro, 3 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Daraga Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Naga Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Tigaon Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Bohol Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Pagudpud Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sabang Intro, 1 review, 4 photos