"Viilage of Carp" Carp by GrumpyDiver
Carp Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 26 photos
Carp is a villageto the west of Ottawa, where we often visit the Farmer's Market at the Fairgrounds.
A traditional Fall Fair takes place at the Fairgrounds in September.
Carp is also the home of the Diefenbunker, one of the "Emergency Government Headquarters" a four-story underground nuclear fallout shelter to house key government ministers, officials and military personnel. This was located at Canadian Forces Station Carp and is now open to the public, as a museum.
This is the sign over the entrance of the main market building at the Carp Farmer's Market.
- Pros:Close to Ottawa
- Cons:Not much going on there
- In a nutshell:Fairgrounds and fallout shelter
GrumpyDiver's Related Pages
Carp Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Viilage of Carp"
- "VT-meeting July 9, 2009. BBQ + Campfire"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Carp
- 1 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (111)
Have you been to Carp?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Carp
Top 10 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 25 reviews, 233 photos, 12 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 10 reviews, 104 photos, 7 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 87 photos, 10 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 18 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tibet Intro, 2 reviews, 69 photos, 8 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 4 reviews, 57 photos, 6 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 7 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bhutan Intro, 19 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prince Rupert Intro, 3 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Picton Intro, 9 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue