"Chute Montmorency (Montmorency Falls)" Montmorency by GrumpyDiver
Montmorency Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 71 photos
About 12km east of Quebec City are the famous Montmerency Falls. The 83m / 272 ft falls are 20m / 100ft higher than Niagara Falls.
You can get up quite close to the base of the falls, and for the tough, you can climb the stairs up to them. For those who are less active, there is a cable car with gondola up to the falls.
There are three viewing platforms on the stairs on the way up (you can see them on the right side of the picture).
Whether you climb up the stairs or taken the gondola ride up, you get a nice view from the bridge over the top of the falls.
This is as close as you can get to the falls, but be forewarned, it gets a bit wet when you get this close!
- Pros:Impressive falls just outside of Quebec City
- Cons:Hard to see without paying
GrumpyDiver's Related Pages
Montmorency Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Montmorency Falls, a nice daytrip from Quebec City"
- "Spectacular Montmorency Falls"
- "Les Chutes Montmorency (or Montmorency Falls)"
- "A TOUR OF THE MONTMORENCY FALLS"
- "Chute Montmorency (Montmorency Falls)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Montmorency
- Transportation in Montmorency
- Restaurants in Montmorency
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Montmorency
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (106)
Have you been to Montmorency?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Montmorency
Top 10 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 25 reviews, 233 photos, 12 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 10 reviews, 104 photos, 7 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 87 photos, 10 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 18 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tibet Intro, 2 reviews, 69 photos, 8 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 4 reviews, 57 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prince Rupert Intro, 3 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 6 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Picton Intro, 9 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gatineau Intro, 1 review, 44 photos, 5 travelogues