"Prince Rupert" Top 5 Page for this destination Prince Rupert by GrumpyDiver
Prince Rupert Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 116 photos
Prince Rupert is the most important centre on the west coast of northern British Columbia. With a population of around 13,000, it is the major air, water and ground transportation hub.
This sunset image was taken around 21:30, just as the ferry was approaching Prince Rupert. The interesting lighting comes through the use of a gradiated filter to tone down the sky a bit.
You are getting into bushplane country, the transport of choice in the far north. These seaplanes are all variants of the Dehavilland Beaver, one of the best know seaplanes.
- Pros:Pristine landscape
- Cons:It rains - a lot. In fact, it is the wettest major centre in Canada
- In a nutshell:Welcome to the rain!
I'm not sure why, but we got some of the most amazing sunsets over Hecate Strait near Prince Rupert. more travel advice
GrumpyDiver's Related Pages
Prince Rupert Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Enjoy the Sites in the Prince Rupert Area"
- "Prince Rupert"
- "Prince Rupert and Cow Bay"
- "Wild West Coast"
- "Where Canada's Wilderness begins"
- "Khutzeymateen Grizzly Bear Sanctuary"
- "A wander around Prince Rupert's Cow Bay area"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Prince Rupert
- Hotels in Prince Rupert
- Transportation in Prince Rupert
- Restaurants in Prince Rupert
- Shopping in Prince Rupert
- Warnings and Dangers in Prince Rupert
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Prince Rupert
- 3 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (101)
Have you been to Prince Rupert?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prince Rupert
Videos in Prince RupertSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 25 reviews, 233 photos, 12 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 10 reviews, 104 photos, 7 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 87 photos, 10 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 17 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tibet Intro, 2 reviews, 69 photos, 8 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 4 reviews, 57 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prince Rupert Intro, 3 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 6 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Picton Intro, 9 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gatineau Intro, 1 review, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (13)
Latest Prince Rupert hotel reviews
- Eagle Bluff Bed and Breakfast
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 17, 2013
- Anchor Inn
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 28, 2012
- Tall Trees B&B
- 78 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 16, 2013
- Parkside Resort Motel
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 13, 2013
- Pioneer Hostel
- 83 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013