"Quyon" Quyon by GrumpyDiver
Quyon Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
The only place to cross the Ottawa River between the Island Park Bridge and Chenaux / Portage du Fort, QC bridge; i.e. near Renfrew, Ontario is the ferry that runs from near Fitzroy Harbour, Ontario to Quyon, Quebec. The bridges are just over 100km / 60mi apart.
It runs from April through November everyday and the crossing takes a few minutes. There are two ferries that run continuously during the daytime hours and the crossing cost $7.75 for a passenger car.
The ferry is small and does have a vehicle size limit.
Nothing too fancy. In the past the ferry was powered by horse.
Not a lot of room on the ferry; but fortunately, you generally don't have to wait too long if you don't make it on board.
- Pros:Blink and you'll miss it
- Cons:The only place between Renfrew and Ottawa where you can cross the Ottawa River
GrumpyDiver's Related Pages
Quyon Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Quyon
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (102)
Have you been to Quyon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Quyon
Top 10 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 25 reviews, 233 photos, 12 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 10 reviews, 104 photos, 7 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 87 photos, 10 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 17 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tibet Intro, 2 reviews, 69 photos, 8 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 4 reviews, 57 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prince Rupert Intro, 3 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 6 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Picton Intro, 9 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Etosha National Park Intro, 5 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues