"Yellowknife - Northwest Territories - Canada" Yellowknife by GrumpyDiver
Yellowknife Travel Guide: 105 reviews and 222 photos
On the north shore of Great Slave Lake at 62 degree, 27 minutes north is Yellowknife, capital city of the Northwest Territories.
You can fly in or drive in from Edmonton in the summer. In the winter, supplies travel up an Ice Road, that cuts across Great Slave Lake.
Some trees, but mostly rocks... And this is a shot from inside the city proper.
This is the view out of my hotel room window, and it looks like a normal suburban scene.
Just step outside and you get a bit of that wild west flavour. It's rough and raw around the edges. Almost an island in the middle of a sea of pure wilderness.
- Pros:The Canadian North
- Cons:Expensive and long way to travel
- In a nutshell:The Canadian North - Just as you would expect it to be.
Located on the Ingraham Trail (Hwy 4), the mine site itself is being cleaned up by the Federal and Territorial... more travel advice
GrumpyDiver's Related Pages
Yellowknife Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "North of 60! Yellowknife, Northwest Territories!"
- "Cabana Boy's Yellowknife Page"
- "Close to the Arctic Circle"
- "Darby2's Yellowknife Page"
- "Macgyver-11's new Yellowknife Page"
- "Yellowknife - Northwest Territories - Canada"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yellowknife
- Hotels in Yellowknife
- Transportation in Yellowknife
- Nightlife in Yellowknife
- Restaurants in Yellowknife
- Shopping in Yellowknife
- Warnings and Dangers in Yellowknife
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yellowknife
- 3 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (111)
Have you been to Yellowknife?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yellowknife
Photos in YellowknifeSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 25 reviews, 233 photos, 12 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 10 reviews, 104 photos, 7 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 87 photos, 10 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 18 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tibet Intro, 2 reviews, 69 photos, 8 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 4 reviews, 57 photos, 6 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 7 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bhutan Intro, 19 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prince Rupert Intro, 3 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Picton Intro, 9 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue