"Sächsische Schweiz" Kurort Rathen by GrumpyDiver
Kurort Rathen Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 125 photos
The Sächsische Schweiz (Saxon Switzerland) is an area with a very unique topography known as the Elbe Sandstone Mountains that lie just south of Dresden and extend into the Czech Republic
This bridge in front of the Bastei rock has been here for visitors to use since the 1850's. Erosion from wind and water took a milliion years to sculpt this unique landscape.
Up amongst the thousand or so sandstone rocks, one can get a peek at the Elbe River valley below.
- Pros:Stunning and unique scenery
- Cons:It's a long climb up!
- In a nutshell:Unique topography carved by water and wind
GrumpyDiver's Related Pages
Kurort Rathen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- " Kurort Rathen - Vordere Sächsische Schweiz "
- "Winter wilderness"
- "Kurort Rathen a smal heald resort"
- "Welcome to RATHEN"
- "ELBE VALLEY AND BASTEI"
- "Sächsische Schweiz"
- "A Wombat on Top of Bastei"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kurort Rathen
- Hotels in Kurort Rathen
- Transportation in Kurort Rathen
- Restaurants in Kurort Rathen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kurort Rathen
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (105)
Have you been to Kurort Rathen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kurort Rathen
Top 10 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 25 reviews, 233 photos, 12 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 10 reviews, 104 photos, 7 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 87 photos, 10 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 17 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tibet Intro, 2 reviews, 69 photos, 8 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 4 reviews, 57 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prince Rupert Intro, 3 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 6 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Picton Intro, 9 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Etosha National Park Intro, 5 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues