"Northern Iceland" North Iceland by GrumpyDiver
North Iceland Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 211 photos
Europe's largest waterfall, by volume is located in Northern Iceland. It takes some effort to get here. This is the "classical' view taken from the western side of the river.
The route along road 864 is easier to do (you don't need a 4x4), but you do have to take the F862 for this view.
Iceland's second largest city with a population of over 17 000. The church was designed by the same architect that designed the Hallgrimmskirkja in Reykjavik.
Shortly after the F35 meets the Road 1, heading west you hit a beautiful valley, nestled in between the mountains. This is a welcome sign after being in a car for five hours crossing the vast barren area known as the Kjölur.
- Pros:The sheer beauty of the natural features
- Cons:The sheer distance from civilization. (This is a con?)
- In a nutshell:Barren beauty
GrumpyDiver's Related Pages
North Iceland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "NORTH ICELAND."
- "Northern Impressions"
- "North Iceland"
- "Akureyri - Northern Iceland"
- "Isafjordur, Akureyri"
- See All...
- Things to Do in North Iceland
- Hotels in North Iceland
- Restaurants in North Iceland
- See All...
Explore the World
- Costa Rica Hotels
- Kuala Terengganu
- Pirangut Hotels
- Zichron Yaakov
- Porto Santo Island
- McLeod Ganj Hotels
- Marco Island
- Isla Holbox
- Smith Rock State Park Hotels
- Bonneville Salt Flats State Park Hotels
- Greater Accra Region
- Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park Hotels
- Ile de Jerba
- Departamento de Islas de la Bahía
Badges & Stats in North Iceland
- 1 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (100)
Have you been to North Iceland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in North Iceland
Top 10 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 25 reviews, 233 photos, 12 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 10 reviews, 104 photos, 7 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 87 photos, 10 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 17 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tibet Intro, 2 reviews, 69 photos, 8 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 4 reviews, 57 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prince Rupert Intro, 3 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 6 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Picton Intro, 9 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gatineau Intro, 1 review, 44 photos, 5 travelogues