"Sukau Rainforest Lodge" Sukau by GrumpyDiver
Sukau Travel Guide: 94 reviews and 210 photos
About 2-1/2 hours by fast boat upstream from Sandakan on the Kinabatangan River is Sukau. A number of Eco-lodges are located near the town.
The one we visited in run by Borneo Eco Tours - The Sukau Rainforest Lodge
This is fairly typical scenery along the Kinabatangan in mid-March. The river is high, fast and muddy as we got there just after the rainy season had ended.
At the end of our boatride upstream, we arrived at the lodge. This area served both as the eating area when the weather was good and the dock.
- Pros:Stunning wildlife
- Cons:Hot and humid
- In a nutshell:The rainforest in th heart of Borneo
GrumpyDiver's Related Pages
Sukau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Two fantastic days on the river"
- "Where the animals used to rule"
- "Kinabatangan River"
- "An incredible wildlife experience"
- "Sukau Rainforest Lodge"
- "exploring the kinibatangan river"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sukau
- Hotels in Sukau
- Transportation in Sukau
- Restaurants in Sukau
- Warnings and Dangers in Sukau
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sukau
- 1 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (102)
Have you been to Sukau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sukau
Photos in SukauSee All Photos (28)
Videos in SukauSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 25 reviews, 233 photos, 12 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 10 reviews, 104 photos, 7 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 87 photos, 10 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 17 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tibet Intro, 2 reviews, 69 photos, 8 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 4 reviews, 57 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prince Rupert Intro, 3 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 6 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Picton Intro, 9 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Etosha National Park Intro, 5 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues