"Fun Camping in Cherokee" Cherokee by carriecar
Cherokee Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 89 photos
We visited during the free camping weekend May 8-10, 2009, which was buy one night, get one night free. The campground had many activites for visitors. We brought our 10-month-old Newfoundland puppy with us. The campground had an air-conditioned kennel with about 6 crates in there, and they were all enough room for the dog. We camped in a tent at a site with water and electricity. The only problem was that there was minimal drainage and a lot of puddles in our campsite. Indoor and Outdoor pools were nice. River levels were up on the Raven Fork river and if it were warm enough, there would have been a great opportunity for tubing.
No big winnings on this trip. But we did stay in the casino for a good 2 hours and only lost around $60.00
- Pros:Great new riverwalk area, Casino is also undergoing a major expansion, great experience at KOA
- Cons:you have to drive to Sylva to buy beer. :(
- In a nutshell:Great trip and great times.
We took a drive out to Bryson City and had a picnic at the riverfront park. Lots of ducks to feed and you can put in... more travel advice
carriecar's Related Pages
Cherokee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "From ancient times to new commercialism"
- "Welcome to my very small Cherokee page"
- "Cherokee Nation- NC"
- "Fun Camping in Cherokee"
- "Cherokee North Carolina"
- "Indian Town entrance to Great Smoky Mountains"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cherokee
- Hotels in Cherokee
- Restaurants in Cherokee
- Shopping in Cherokee
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cherokee
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Cherokee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cherokee
Photos in CherokeeSee All Photos (5)
Top 5 Pages
- Mexico Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos
- Pennsylvania Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Cherokee Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Playa del Carmen 1 review, 4 photos
- Isla Cozumel 1 review, 4 photos
No friends yet.