"General Tibúrcio Square in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil" Rio de Janeiro by Paulinho551
Rio de Janeiro Travel Guide: 3,660 reviews and 6,495 photos
General Tibúrcio Square is one of the top destinations of tourists in Rio de Janeiro. Besides its location, in front of the beautiful Praia Vermelha ( Red Beach ), it is an historic place, where military Communists tried to seize power in 1935, killing fellow soldiers while they were asleep. And there is the boarding station for the Pão de Açúcar ( Sugar Loaf Mountain ) cable car.
Gabriela Mistral kindergarten is the one kindergarten in Rio - and probably in Brazil - with a cannon in its premises. And that´s another reason for one to visit General Tibúrcio Square in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Victms of the 1935 Communist uprising are to be remembered since 1940, when the Brazilian Army erected this monument to honour them.
Paulinho551's Related Pages
Rio de Janeiro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "RIO DE JANEIRO HAS SECRETS"
- "Welcome to the City of God"
- "Rio de Janeiro - Minha casa / My Home"
- "Rio de Janeiro - My favourite place on earth!"
- "RIO DE JANEIRO - WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD!"
- "Imagining Rio"
- "Rio de Janeiro - a work in progress for a while..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rio de Janeiro
- Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
- Transportation in Rio de Janeiro
- Nightlife in Rio de Janeiro
- Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
- Shopping in Rio de Janeiro
- Warnings and Dangers in Rio de Janeiro
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rio de Janeiro
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 40 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Rio de Janeiro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rio de Janeiro
- Posted in Travel Portugal Forum "Re: Lisbon and surroundings"
- Commented on one of Paulinho551's Rio de Janeiro tips
- Wrote a Review Sugar Loaf about Sugarloaf Mountain - Pão de Açucar in Rio de Janeiro Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sugar Loaf"
- updated a Rio de Janeiro Travel Page "General Tibúrcio Square in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil"